1. until then..

**alastor is 28 in this and y/n is 27! Y/n is in college!!!**

The year is 1920 and alastor is in his office at the radio station when he hears an unfamiliar yet beautiful voice coming from the other room so he gets up to go and check it out. He walked to the room next door and listened carefully. When he got in the room he heard y/n singing, the mysterious girls voice was so beautiful and calming it reminded him of a lullaby his mother use to sing for him when he was Young, he didn't want to disrupt her but he couldn't stop listening to her so he leaned against the wall.

The door was cracked so he watched her from afar as she continued to sing. y/n felt a presence around but you chose to ignore it. As a minute passed by he realized that she was singing a song called 'in the arms of winter'. He didn't know the song but the lyrics were hauntingly beautiful it was like they were speaking to him directly, he felt drawn to her as she sang and as the song came to a close he stepped forward and clapped for her. Y/n blushes from embarrassment.

"oh hey? thank you."

"Your singing was beautiful, who wrote this song?" Alastor walked slightly closer entering the room.

"I actually don't remember who wrote it I'm just practicing it for my upcoming performance for my school choir." Y/n fidgets with her hands.

he smiles "Well you have a truly beautiful voice, do you perform publicly dear?"

" I have two concerts every school year, our concerts are typically in the beginning and the end of the school year, it's open to public but it's a school thing so most probably don't know about it."

" Ah yes, I didn't expect that you were in a choir class I thought you were a soloist. I mean your voice is amazing enough to be one anyway."

Y/n blushed again. "Thank thank you but I really do like performing with other people. Maybe one day I will be a soloist."

The building they were in had multi purpose rooms and anyone could rent the rooms out but the question of why she was here lingered. She seemed so talented and classy and he felt like some loser boy trying to get radio fame. Of course he'll never let the show.

"Hey, it was nice meeting you...Im starting coming here everyday of voice lessons after school and my teacher didn't show up today but I thought I was a good idea to come just in case. I'm y/n and I do believe you are that new radio host everyones been talking about? Alastor?"

His face lit up as he found out she actually knew about him.

"I didn't realize that I already had fans and... Pretty girls like you being interested in my terrible humor. I'm surprised but grateful. I'll see you around my dear."

He walked over and grabbed her hand and kissed it looking up her grinning after. Her heart felt like it jumped out of her body in a way. An unexplainable way. She blushes as he walked away giving her space to get ready to leave

"Until then alastor."

"Yes, until then indeed y/n. I'm looking forward to seeing you again."

(A/N: this is the song, it's in three parts Harmony. y/n sings (contr)alto to soprano in her choir, but she sings soprano for this piece. For my singers out there!! If you want to know more look up these terms, not the best video I could find of it by the way but whatever <3 https://youtu.be/PPPI2sE7JEI?si=Cd6mPBH-tVYRLhYD )