vi the argument

ah scary title name ok i'll let u read bye

when i unlock my phone, i discover a bunch of new notifications from lily. i open them.

heyy tess me and mom r leaving now

can we go out for lunch today?

wait nvm im so broke..

see u soon x

in a bit of traffic ugh

help mom keeps yelling at bad drivers

likee they can't hear u girl!

be there in 5 minutes xx

the last one was 2 minutes ago. shit! i completely forgot lily is coming over today. well, i guess it'll be a perfect time to tell her i'm now going out with nate. speaking of, i'll have to call him later. i have 3 minutes to get changed, brush my hair and teeth and quickly do a bit of makeup before she arrives.

while i'm brushing my teeth, i can't resist at least messaging nate.

who doesn't love a good cliche?

i grin at his reply, my toothbrush still in my mouth and my hair still a mess.

i imagine probably elijah 🤓☝️

somehow, i manage to look okay by the time lily knocks on my front door. on the way to the door i say hi to my parents and they tell me how they loved last night. me too, i think. i wouldn't mind if they went away like that overnight more often, actually. i don't say that though. i just tell them i watched movies which was fun, which is kind of true. i answer the door to lily.

"heyy!" we hug.

"hii! sorry we took so long," she apologises.

"don't worry. i literally only got up 5 minutes ago," i laugh. she smiles and then her face gets really excited all of a sudden.

"wait can i please tell you what happened yesterday?!" she gasps.

"yeah of course!" i say. we go upstairs to my room and sit on the end of my bed as she tells me.

"alright, so, toby approached me at the end of the day and said that he thought i was cute and, oh my god, you're never going to believe this.. he also said that elijah likes you!" she squeals.

"woww! no way!" i fake my surprise to be a good friend because obviously this is so exciting for her. and it should be for me too.

"i would've told you earlier but i wanted to see your live reaction! i tried finding you afterwards but you weren't around," she shrugs.

"yeah, i actually went to elijah's game and then i had tutoring with nate," i tell her.

"omg!! you went to his game? that is soo exciting," she squeals.

"i wore his jersey, actually," i say truthfully. she gasps.

"oh my god. what! that is the cutest thing ever!" she giggles then adds nervously, "what did nate think about that,"

"he found me at the game," i tell her, "and he made me take it off,"

"mhmm, it's giving possessive jealous boyfriend?" she decides.

"not like that," i laugh.

"so how was tutoring?" she asks.

"it was good, yeah," i say. not much tutoring was really done, truthfully.

"how are you and nate?" she enquires, looking at her notifications.

"we broke up actually," i say with a smile on my face, excited to tell her the next part.