01

You stare at the clock on wall, seeing its already night time. You sighed, you did nothing today  but just stay in your secluded apartment . You don't know if you even live in a populated area or maybe you feel too numb to even notice where you are.

It's been 7 years since the higher ups put you much more locked you here.
Everyday anyone will arrive and leave food for you and daily necessities. A driver will daily arrive to pick you so that you can go to missions or training.

It has been almost a decade from when higher ups took you under their wing . But, there wasn't a single day till now, when  you didn't use your cursed energy . They started giving you training, when you was rescued.

Besides the acts of survival which are eating and sleeping ,your life was nothing but what higher ups made you do.

EXORCISE

ABSORB

MANIPULATE

EXORCISE

ABSORB

MANIPULATE

Life became an endless cycle of slaying curses and absorbing their cursed energy to increase your cursed energy. Curses then sorcerers. Defeating them and then manipulating their cursed energy. In the process of becoming strong you became empty from inside.

No desires, no dreams ,no friends, no family just staying in your head and replaying the memories of past. You've always been obeying the higher ups and letting them lead you.

Now you don't even mind that you are always locked into your apartment and only allowed to go out for missions and training . You feel too numb to even do anything.

The cursed energy inside you urges to release itself but the red string on your wrists never let it . The red strings are even tied around your house so that if your cursed energy ever go out of control ,you don't end up harming others.

You don't have any desire to try to control your cursed energy and also your life. You don't know how you ended up this way neither you want to. You've working for higher ups to make this world a better place and protect non-shamans unlike him.

But today was the first time there's nothing you heard from higher ups.
Do they don't have anything for you to do ? Or are they giving you a break?
You don't have any answers to these questions.

You just aimlessly looked at the ceiling. Feeling nothing but numb just like everyday. Even if you end up injured on missions you feel too numb to even get yourself treated.
You neither feel happy if you accomplish missions nor feel sad if you fail them.

As you was once again drowning in numbness, a loud knock was heard on your door. You snap out of your thoughts and headed towards the door. You thought it would be someone higher ups sent.

But you felt an overwhelming presence of the person who is behind the door. The  cursed energy of the stranger felt like it's the strongest. Your own cursed energy started fighting inside you to come out after feeling such a strong presence.

Anyone will be intimidated, but you felt a sense of familiarity from behind the door. You can't put your finger on it but your instinct says you have experienced it earlier, but a less stronger version.

You took a deep breath and turn the knob . The door creaked open. You looked at the person in front of you.
The same white haired idiot ,who used to mess with you when you was just a kid and was your elder brother's bestfriend .

"[Y/N],...you've changed a lot"He smiled at you. You notice that he is now an adult and a lot more taller and stronger or the strongest than the last time you met him and he is also wearing a blindfold.

You analyzed him, and so did he . Your cursed energy urging more from inside due  to which the red strings tightened.

"C'mon are we just gonna stand here and stare at each other. Don't you wanna talk to your Jojo Saturo after a whole decade" He chuckled and reminded you of the nickname you gave him back then.

That was the real question. Would you be really able to interact with someone, after being locked away for half of your preteen years? Especially with the person who used to be a part of your past .

'Why would he come to me all of a sudden?
I was happy....no..I was living my life peacefully. After all I'm sister of a criminal ,a killer, and the person  who betrayed him : Suguru Geto'

He saw you zoning out ,not saying anything to him. A soft smile appears on his face, as he realized how much you resemble Suguru, now that you are a teen. He remembers his promise to your brother very well because it was suguru's last wish.

~

"At least hit me with some curses at my last. But before that I want you to promise me something" Suguru chuckled as he already surrendered ,asking saturo to end it here. Saturo looked at his bestfriend, awaited for his last wish.

"The higher ups, save [Y/N] from them."Saturo's eyes widened in shock.  'Was Suguru implying that she was alive? Was she kept hidden from everyone?'.  He Listened further to his other half which was soon to be gone.

"I wished I could get her back but I couldn't. I'm entrusting my sister to you saturo, or else those old hags will make her an empty shell "  you being  locked up by the higher ups crosses the ravenette's mind .

~

"Why are you here?" You raised your eyebrows. "Oh..well..I Saturo Gojo or I can say jojo ,the strongest sorcerer is here to make you my student" he overdone it in the attempt to try to get a reaction out of you. After all he remember, he used to enjoy your amused reactions to his antics.

But instead you deadpanned "I'm already trained and grade 1". "Then let's turn you into a special grade"he ruffled your hair. "But the higher ups already told I don't need any more training" you frowned. At the mention of this, Gojo pulled out a document and handed it to you.

Your eyes widened when you read it.
From now on you was supposed to be trained by Gojo in the Jujutsu high. You was officially his student. And even if you don't want to, you can't refuse because it's an order from higher ups.

He chuckled "So, you ready? We'll get your things shifted later. For now let's just go and buy some kikufuku mochi and meet your fellow classmate". You swear you can see stars around him because of his enthusiasm. However your expression don't show any sign of joy and excitement.

You put on your shoes and walked out of the apartment. You gave him a slight nod to lead the way. But your new teacher seems to have different plans. He grabbed you  just like he grabbed the star plasma vessel , 10 years ago. You just sighed in annoyance .

'It's all about to change now and I'm not ready' you thought.

'Suguru  was right I'm always late. They already made her the way he told but from now on she's my responsibility'  the white haired sorcerer's look softened  as he was determined to keep his promise to his late bestfriend .
_______________________________________
Chapter 1 completed.