Chapter 17

Zihua got off the saddle, holding the reins in one hand. He patted the horse's flank absent-mindedly, staring up the city gates rising a good hundred or more feet above him.

The huge doors studded with gold and silver were left wide open, accepting hundred of visitors a moment while bidding fairwell to another hundred more. Two neat rows of guards stood either side, motionless as statues and another row stood accross the wide opening, checking a person and two randomly for travel documents and identification.

Yuhanzu. The Empire of Yuhanzu, leading nation of the continent Valherra. Currently led by the young king Riyal, rumored to be benevolent and kind, just for the comman man as much to the noble.

Zihua scoffed, knowing better. Royals, all the same in their belief of citizens being but a number in official documents. Yuhanzu, the heart of Valherra is nothing but a sore sight to his tired eyes. May it burn a thousand times for the grief written into the very stones it was built with, the blood and lives it was built on.

He had sworn to never step a foot in this place again, to stay the furthest away from the accursed place and yet here he is, following a boy he was not yet certain felt the same for him.

He prayed to his ancestors, seeking forgiveness. He knew his parents would forgive him, for it was them who taught to always follow his heart, the reason he stood here now.

Finding Yuray would not be as easy as said, he knew. Capital of Yuhanzu was several times bigger than the biggest capital city Zihua had been to.

But, he could, he knew, he would, he was willing to, and he had a passing suspicion that he might receive help. If only for the reason that he came.

He brushed a lock of hair back, a silvery sound chiming beside his ear.

...

"These, would be all for today my lord," Jinsu said, placing the tray of scrolls down with a muffled wooden thud.

Emperor Ruyin raised his head at the sound of his voice, still distracted by whatever he had been engrossed in. Jinsu bit off a giggle at the startled deer expression, knowing his majesty had been in too strong of a thrall.

He hoped that no one else got to see that adorable expression, realizing in the next breath that his majesty would never be as unguarded if there was even a hint of another presence and felt oddly satisfied.

Jinsu would have wondered where his majesty's shadow had gone, usually there at all times, if not for the fact that the said shadow had impeded him on the way to inform him of his absence and requested to remind his majesty to eat on time, before disappearing lightning quick, just as his arrival, with a wink and smirk thrown his way. Jinsu had blushed, realizing that Lord Yuray knew of his growing adoration, and approved.

Jinsu did not cared for what any one had to say, ever in his life. But to know that the person closest to Emperor Ruyin approved, was a relief.

'Wait, what?! What am I thinking, no no No no No no!' He almost smacked himself, realizing where his thoughts had wandered.

'Am I attracted to him? Is that what I just said? What? How? When? What?!'

"Are you okay, Jinsu?" His majesty asked and Jinsu did not wanted to know what expression his face had been making.

"I..ah, yh, I..am " he stuttered, a furious heat taking over his cheeks.