Chapter 7: Lavender Man

It has been a few days since Y/n last seen or talked to Yuzuha. She was starting to worry, the last time Y/n had a glimpse of Yuzuha was when she was running back to their home. 

Christmas break was fast approaching, but before that, examination day was happening. Y/n checked her phone again, hoping Yuzuha had replied to her messages. 

The classroom door opened and Y/n glanced, her lips immediately smiled the moment she saw Yuzuha. "Yuzuha!" She stood in excitement. "I'm glad you can make it," 

"Of course," Yuzuha smiled. "I would hate to be sent to summer school," 

"I was worried you got sick, you haven't answered any of my calls or texts," Y/n furrowed her brows. "You also don't answer the door, I can't get a hold of Hakkai too," 

"Yeah... it's been a crazy week," Yuzuha tried her best not to say too much, she wouldn't want Y/n to be mixed up with her family's mess. "I'm sorry for worrying you," 

"What matters is you're here and you didn't miss the exam," Y/n replied with a smile. Not a moment later, another student entered the room. "Oh, Inupi, you're finally here too," 

The blond acknowledged her with a simple nod before taking his seat. Yuzuha on the other hand stared at Inupi with a tinge of hatred, while Inupi just stared back in his usual aloof expression. 

This didn't go unnoticed by Y/n, she paid no mind to it since Yuzuha had been hostile to Inupi since the first day he joined their class.

But there's a lingering thought at the back of her head that maybe something happened that day when she saw Yuzuha run away from Taiju and his group. 

.

.

.

After their exams, everyone was chatting with their circle about what plans they had for Christmas break. 

Yuzuha and Y/n were chatting in their own circle. But Y/n had to excuse herself from the conversation when she noticed Inupi leaving the room with his bag. 

Y/n jogged to catch up to him. "Hey, going home already?" 

"Yes," Inupi answered, still walking. "Exams are done for the day," 

"Well, yeah, I know that," Y/n tried her best to engage him in the conversation. "But, don't you want to hang out before leaving for Christmas break?" 

"Socializing is not my thing," He shrugged. "You go have fun with your friends," 

As Inupi was changing his shoes, Y/n noticed Kokonoi by the school gate, obviously waiting for the blond male,

"Looks like you're not going home," She leaned by the lockers, watching him. "Your friend's waiting for you," 

Inupi looked in the direction she was staring at. "I guess I'm not..." He hummed. "He probably has something to say," 

She smiled. "Be safe," 

He looked back at her. "Thanks, you too," 

Y/n watched for a while, just until Inupi and Kokonoi met. Seeing as the blond had company, she went on her way to go back to the classroom. 

Kokonoi glanced at her direction, watching her walk away. "Your girlfriends saw you out, how sweet," He teased. 

"She'll hit you if you ever start a rumor about her," Inupi reminded. 

"Oh~? Is that you defending her?" Kokonoi continued. 

Inupi looked at him. "She's perfectly capable of defending herself, she won't need someone like me,"