Chapter 5: Reputation isn't important

A year had already passed and life for Y/n had been lively. It was safe to say it was such a relief to know that she could finally settle into her school without restricting herself from letting herself be known. 

Back then she thought her efforts in doing everything to her full potential would be a waste since she'll move schools anyway, so now she didn't have to worry about that. 

"Really?!" Y/n shot up from her seat in excitement.

Her father smiled with excitement as well. "Yup, this is where we'll really stay," He was happy for his daughter, she could finally have a normal life as a teen. 

She hugged him tight. "Thank you, Dad," Y/n muttered before letting go. "So, where will we celebrate?"

The male chuckled. "Celebrate?"

"Yes, we can finally say goodbye to tiring packing and moving," She sat back down. "Also, it'll be Christmas soon," 

"You're right," Her father hummed in realization. "Should we go somewhere?"

"We've already traveled enough dad, let's just celebrate Christmas here in the house... just like how we used to back then," Y/n reminisced.

When she was little and her father was still earning below the minimum wage, they'd eat spicy noodles from the convenience store and her father would add ingredients to it to make it 'home-made' as her father worded it. 

He smiled. "Of course, we'll do whatever you want,"

.

.

.

Y/n was now in her classroom, quietly sketching with a visible smile on her face. "Well, someone's in a good mood today," Yuzuha commented as she sat down. 

She scoffed. "I'm just excited for Christmas." Y/n paused. "Aren't you?"

"Christmas? Yes, Exams? No," Yuzuha replied. "I'm on 50/50 with being excited," She slumped. 

"Oh, yeah... exam's coming up," Y/n closed her sketchbook and faced Yuzuha. "Want to study together?" 

"By study you mean stay at a coffee shop and just talk?" Yuzuha deadpanned at her.

Y/n laughed. "No, I'm serious, like really study-study," 

"I'd say it's a miracle if we actually did study," 

"You didn't say no~" 

Then one of their classmates chimed in. "Did you hear?" 

"Hear what?" Yuzuha raised a brow. 

"We're getting a new classmate," Their classmate answered. "Well, not new-new, they say that they're from another class and the committee decided to transfer him here where 'the good kids' are, or whatever they were saying,"

"What'd they mean by that?" Yuzuha questioned.

"In my previous schools, it's normal that kids who create trouble are placed in a higher class since smart kids are seen as 'good', I guess they want us to be a good influence," Y/n shrugged. 

"We may be smart, but we are far from being a good influence," Yuzuha commented. 

Their homeroom teacher then entered the class and they scurried back to their seats. "I'm sure you all heard that there will be another addition to our class," They said. "Come and introduce yourself,"

And on cue, one student entered, and it was someone very familiar to both Y/n and Yuzuha. 

"My name's Inupi Seishu, I'll be joining your class starting today," He said in the most unlively tone.