𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝟓

Hello Butterflies,

Happy Eid Mubarak to all 🌙✨

This is my Eidi for you guys. So please kindly show your love by lots of Votes and comments.

Now read and enjoy

⋆⭒˚.⋆

I looked on as she left with her fiancé after bidding goodbye to my daughter

I looked on as she left with her fiancé after bidding goodbye to my daughter. A pang shot through me, gripping my chest. She looked happy with him. And even though I didn't have the right, I wished it were me with whom she chose to smile - her beautiful smile that could brighten anyone's world.

" She is too beautiful, right, baba?" My chain of thoughts was broken by the cute voice of my daughter.

I didn't reply to her, just looked at who had a longing look in her eyes.

" I wish she could be with me forever," Niya said to me, her voice dripping with sadness.

I knelt down in front of her and held her baby face in my hand.

" She cannot be with you, baby. Did you see the man that came with her? She's going to be with him forever, because she's going to be his wife," I said with great difficulty. I have always controlled my emotions, but today it seems impossible because of a certain gray-eyed woman.

"I wish she were your wife, then she could be with us forever, right, Baba?" she asked suddenly. It was an innocent question, but I felt peace inside me at the thought of her becoming my wife.

'Stop it, Salah, this is wrong. She's someone else's bride,' my inner mind warned me to halt the unnecessary thoughts.

I didn't answer anything to that question; instead, I changed the subject by reminding her about our dinner with my friends. She was more than happy to hear it. My daughter likes my friends way too much, and as possessive as this may sound, I hate it when she likes some other male species other than me and Baba.

We reached home by ten after having dinner. I picked up Niya, who was peacefully sleeping in the passenger seat without making any noise. She wiggled and I slightly patted her head.

After tucking her safely inside the blanket, I kissed her forehead and whispered.

" Baba aapse bahut pyaar karte hai, Shahzadi " and stood up from her bed to leave for my room when small fingers wrapped around my arm.

( Baba loves you so much, princess)

" Shehzadi bhi aapse bahut pyaar karti hai baba " my daughter whispered back in sleep without opening her eyes making my heart melt at her sight. I leaned in and placed one more kiss on her forehead before exiting the corner and closing the door without making any noise.

( Princess too love you, Baba )

Walking through the corridor without making any noise, I went to my father's room to check on him. As expected, he was sleeping peacefully. Ensuring that everything was safe, I went to my room. Six years of heartache have put a distance between our relationship. The night I lost everything, he lost his family too, and the cause of all our pain was solely me. And since then, we haven't spoken to each other; the only thing that's connecting us is the little angel. I have thought to talk with him numerous times but haven't had the courage. Every time I think about my mother, my Sajal, and my tainted relationship with my father, my heart breaks a little more.

As I sat on the bed after taking a bath and praying, my mind went toward a certain lady who was consuming my thoughts without her knowledge. Her thoughts brought back the memory that I clearly remember like yesterday. The memory when I met her for the first time.

I was looking at Abhi. He had a wide grin on his face as he slid the ring onto Kia's finger. Everybody clapped for them and congratulated them. It was very clear in his eyes how much he loves Kia. Even Vikram was looking at Siya, who was standing beside her friend with red cheeks. I'm really happy that the two found their soulmates. My friends are like my family; they were there for me when I was not myself. They brought me back to life when I was ready to give up on myself.

"Look, Sal, that girl is so cute," Vihaan said, and I didn't respond to him just to annoy him.

But I don't know why; I looked where he said, and I could see two girls standing there. One was Aadhya; I could see her as she was facing us, but the other one was facing the opposite side, and I couldn't see her face. My heart suddenly started to beat faster. She was wearing a light peach-colored dress covering her full body, and she had a hijab on her head. I placed my hand on my chest to ease the rising beats. She turned around, and I felt like my heart altogether stopped.

"Masha Allah," I couldn't stop my mouth from saying this.

She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, with wheatish-colored skin bare without any makeup and a beautiful smile. But what made her more beautiful was the small stone on her nose. It was a nose ring but small enough so that one could only see it if they were looking at it carefully. That's how I came out of my thoughts.

"What are you doing, Salah? Stop looking at her; she is non-mahram for you."

And I immediately stopped looking at her and turned to the other side, but what I didn't notice was Vihaan who was looking at me this whole time. He had that stupid smirk on his face.

"Don't say anything," I told him, and his smirk turned into a teasing smile.

"How can I not? You were checking out a girl, Salah Ibrahim Khan was checking out a girl; that's something new," Vihaan said in a teasing voice and tsked.

"By the way, for your information, her name is Sabah Mariyam, and she is already engaged," he said, and I turned to look at her once again and then at her fingers; sure enough, there was a diamond ring on her finger. I felt like the stone on her finger was mocking me. I turned around to stop the ache that I felt in my heart when I looked at her ring-clad finger.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked myself.

"Where do you get this much information about her?" I asked.

"She is Kainat and Siya's best friend," he replied.

I groaned at myself after hearing that.

Please Allah, don't allow my heart to feel for someone who is not in my destiny.

I made a quick prayer looking at her beautiful face, and suddenly her eyes met mine.

And I lost myself in those gray orbs.

I lost myself to a girl who was already someone else's.

And from that moment on, neither her thoughts left my mind nor my heart. It was already wrong that I was thinking about a woman who wasn't mine, and I felt like a sinner while pondering a woman who was already somebody else's bride. No matter how many times I tried to stop myself, her thoughts never left my mind. And now, Niya's question rang inside my head like a broken tape recorder.

"I wish she were your wife, then she could be with us forever, right, Baba?"

⋆⭒˚.⋆

Vote and comment

By
Ash 🦋