Chapter 42: Present Day

Start from the beginning

His smile when he looked up at me took my breath away.

"Morning, baby."

I was a little dazed. "Good morning."

Sensing what was distracting me, he leaned in and whispered, "You make me happy, Regan. Get used to it."

"Careful of the coffee, big guy. She doesn't need her ass burned."

Noah came over, moved the tray with the coffee carafe a little further from me, and helped himself to some of the offerings. Right as he brought the mug to his lips, I made 'gimme' hands at him. Acting like he was annoyed—but I knew better—he set the mug down, added my required sugar, and handed it over.

Damn, Thad had good coffee. Beth must have made the cinnamon rolls. No one else made them as good as she did, and thinking about her made me want to hurry up and get ready so we could spend some time together. We'd be staying in the same house for some time, and it made me as excited as I used to get when we were kids and got to have a sleepover.

All my guys and my best friend under the same roof.

Did Thad have any idea what kind of trouble he was in with all of us here?

"What are you smiling about?"

"Thad might regret letting us all crash here."

Noah arched an eyebrow at Mal and then jerked his chin at the hole in the ceiling. The chandelier still lay in a crumpled, dusty mess. "Pretty sure he already does."

Mal frowned, kissed my cheek, and stepped away to pick up his discarded clothes from the floor. He shook some of the dust from them, dropped his towel, and stabbed his legs into the pants.

Commando? Yes, please.

I clutched my coffee mug tight.

"He can take all his cameras down if he doesn't like it."

I may have sighed as he pulled his pants up over his spectacular ass.

"Who's going with you?"

Mal tugged his t-shirt on and sat down to put on his boots. "Ben, Raphael, and Warrick. They were on shift last night, and I need to talk to them."

Those were three names I hadn't heard yet. Did he need to talk to them because they were the ones watching us from the woods last night? Thinking about Mal between my legs while I writhed against the glass -

Nope. Can't think about that right now.

Noah was immediately on alert. "Did something happen last night?"

"The three of them watched through the windows as I made Regan come all over my face."

Noah choked on his cinnamon roll, eyes wide as he looked back and forth between Mal and me. I tried to hide my face and the hot blush spreading over my cheeks.

"You allowed them to watch her?" He couldn't believe it. About as much as I couldn't believe Mal was okay with it last night.

Mal shook his head and stood. "Regan allowed it. And I give my girl what she wants."

He ran a hand through his wet hair and bent to kiss me. "Gotta go, baby. I'll be back in a little while."

I was suddenly panicked. "Where are you going?"

"We need supplies. Clothes. I don't know how long we'll be here."

He saw the worry in my expression and cupped my jaw, kissing me again, long and slow. With a caress of his thumb over my bottom lip, he winked and walked away. "Keep everyone in line while I'm gone."