009 - 𝐆𝐲𝐦𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭?

---------•✯•---------

The next coming days, Eliana have been spending her day in the med hut, as a med-jack again. It was calming and a great coming back job, since she knew hove to things and stuff like that. And when she wasn't in the med hut, she was with Chuck. Often pissing Gally off, playing games, or just talking.

Tomorrow she was going back to the maze again, since she could run normally and a few runners quit when they found out Eliana had been stung in daylight. She was extremely nervous since there were pictures in her head from the day, that might ruin her run.

Alby had given her a day off, so she could relax or something. Since he knew about the troubles she got, and totally accepted it. He also said her and Ben would run together for a week or two, no one trusted that her and Ben would make it out alive if they went alone together, which is probably true.

To her surprise, she woke up at 9. Eliana never slept late on her days off, so it was quite odd for her. Not that it bothered her or anything, it was one of the best nights she have had in the glade. It took a while to get up from her bed, but after some moments she eventually got up.

First, she changed. Since she wasn't going to do anything, so she threw on some grey sweatpants and a dark blue long sleeved shirt. Basic but a comfortable outfit. She put her hair up in a braid, with two strands of hair left in front.

After Eliana got ready, she was nearly starving. In hope of something left she went over to the kitchen. Winston was there talking with Frypan, Eliana didn't really know Winston. All she know that he was the keeper of the slicers, and they haven't really talked much.

"Shebean! You, sleeping late?" Frypan say with a bright smile on his face, which she returns.

"Yeah kinda, anything left? I'm starving." She respond, scratching the back of her head while saying the first part.

"I can make you something, what do you want?" Frypan said, while he puts away a few things from the counters.

"Anything works, I don't need anything big." By the time she answered, Winston had walked away.

After about 10 minutes, Frypan come out with a plate and a glass of water. On the plate was a bacon sandwich, a smile immediately appeared on her face.

"Here you go!" He smiled, putting down the plate in front of her.

"Thank you Fry!"

"Of course."

╭ •✯• ╮

That was one of the best bacon sandwich she have ever tasted, of the one's she remembered eating. Everybody had finished their lunch and got back to work by now. At lunch Eliana sat with Chuck in the deadheads, since he had been done with all his work for the day.

"You're a slopper, right?" The girl asked while turning her head to look at Chuck.

"Yup, best job ever." The brown haired boy answered.

"What do you even do? I mean the name is weird."

"Clean, and I always get the worst places ever." Chuck explained, with food in his mouth that made it harder to hear his words.

"Ooohh, okay." Eliana turned her head back to her food, and continued with eating.

The two soon ate up, making small talk about random stuff, just like always. They headed to the kitchen to put away their plates, everyone was already working again. So no one was really in the kitchen.

Right when Chuck and Eliana were going to plan a prank on Gally, it started pouring rain out of nowhere. Not like just a few drops, literally pouring. The duo got soaked within seconds, and all the other gladers ran to the homestead and the sleeping area.