Chapter 2- Small talk

Monday 10:30 am- August

Paige's POV:

I looked at the smiley girl laying next to me. She radiated positive energy. I had Mrs. Rossi's human behavior class last year, she did the same partner thing. The only difference from this year was that my partner was some annoying computer science major who smelled like shit. Sydney definitely did not smell like shit. She smelled like coconut and vanilla, and I found myself trying to get closer to her, to inhale that hypnotizing scent. I could tell this was gonna be a good year in Mrs. Rossi's class.

"So she just said to describe each other" she laughed to herself. "Could she be a little more specific. How much do you think she wants us to do".

"I had her last year, in my experience it's better to do more, she can be a harsh grader sometimes". I lied to her, I knew Mrs Rossi wouldn't give a shit if I submitted a video saying she had two heads and ending it there, but I wanted to get to know Sydney.

"Alright, let's get to work then" she said, getting out her yellow notebook. She was so trusting of the words of someone she just met. It made me almost nervous for her.

"I'll start with your physical description" she said before she started writing. "Paige has blonde hair.... Fair skin...." She paused to look at my eyes. I held her gaze until she looked down to her notebook to write it. "And Blue eyes.... Paige is Tall-"

"And jacked, make sure you include that I'm absolutely shredded" I said, interrupting her. I flexed my muscles at her and she just laughed. I knew her all of 30 minutes but I felt as though I was addicted to her laugh. I found myself constantly trying to say something that would make her giggle, Which wasn't very hard she laughed at everything.

"Ok tall and shredded" she finished. "Your turn" she looked up as she flipped the notebook my way.

"Ok let's see" I said as I looked her up and down. I had been staring at her the whole time but I just wanted to get one more look, soak her all in. She really was pretty. Wavy long brown hair, freckles, green eyes, and the most addicting smile. I wondered how I hadn't seen her around before. I'm sure If I had a few drinks in me at a party I would go right up to her.

"Syd is-" I started

"Syd? Do I have a nickname now?" she laughed, again with the constant laughing. "If you have a nickname for me I get to make one for you! Hmm... Pay!" She exclaimed. Cute.

"Anyway, Syd is a short, brunette, with green eyes, freckles- " I started again.

"I think you forgot the part about me being buff as hell" she interjected. Than she mirrored me just a few minutes prior, flexing her arm.

"You think your tough, huh" I smirked down at the girl.

"I know I'm strong, you can't say the same though" she challenged.

"Ok the only way to settle this is with an arm resettling contest" I said. Putting my hand out. She grabbed me with her small hand full of rings and chipped nail polish.

"3.. 2.. 1.."

She had on a genuinely concentrated face. I let her push down my hand just to the point that she almost won. Than I lifted my hand up and slammed hers to the ground with almost no effort at all. 

"Who's the strong one now?" I trash talked her.

"Whatever" she said, giving me the cutest dramatic eye roll and rolling onto her back, looking at the sky. I took back the yellow notebook and continued writing.