Chapter 13: Adhesive Tape

Start from the beginning

Hearing that, I look back at him before he walks away to his friends' table.

I don't know what I would have survived here without Hyunjin, Yeji and Felix.

I need to find a way to express my gratitude to them.

We finish lunch in tranquility. I ate half of my sandwich. I feel like I'm not very hungry but its time to start thinking about my health.

Even if it's hard, I take another bite, then another and yet another one.
I keep doing this until I swallow the last piece.

I'm not physically feeling well but I'm still proud of me. It's been a long time since I ate so much.

I think that if I continue to put effort into this, I might actually recover once and for all.

The rest of day goes on as it should.
I tried to ignore everyone's comments and glares and, once I get used to it, I felt better.

I say goodbye to Yeji and Felix and I come back home. My mother said to stay at home today because I have to help her with organising the house since it's not long that we've moved here.

I get home and I start to open a lot of boxes. I see a lot of things I forgot about: some childhood peluches and framed photos of me with my parents.

Sometimes I think if I miss my father or not. If I miss what we where before my dad started to distanciate himself from us.

I was too little to remember how was life back then. But the fact that I miss him or not won't change what happened so I stop to think about it and I finish to help my mother.

I'm so tired today as well. I lie on the bed and I turn on my phone.
I see a text from two unknown numbers.

I click on the first one and it says "Hi Eunbi! I'm Felix. I realised that we haven't exchanged numbers yet. I hope that I won't annoy you if I text to once in a while ^^"

Oh it's Felix. He is right. Until now, I only had my mother's and Yeji's numbers saved.

I smile and I reply back. "Hi Felix! Don't worry, I would love to receive messages from you every now and then"

So I save his number as "Felix" and then I click on the other unknown profile.

This text says "Hi. Yeji gave me your number because I didn't know how to ask you. When are you free to talk?"

Uh... who is this? He knows Yeji and from what he has written, we already met before.

I then reluctantly write back.
"I'm sorry but... who are you?".

The user immediately sees the text.
"Ah sorry. It's me, Hyunjin"

As I read Hyunjin's name, I breath in relief. I got scared for a second.

I then run my finger on the keyboard to digit a reply.
"Oh, hi Hyunjin! Do you want to talk in person or on call?" I send the message.

"I prefer in person" He quickly texts back.

"Okayy, then tomorrow after school should be fine for me" I write.

"It's ok for me too. See you, then" He answers.

"Perfect, see you too" I finally text, turning off my phone.

Wait. About expressing my gratefullness to Yeji and Felix. I need to think of a gift.

Something that can be appreciated by both of them.

I think I can try to draw to portraits of them. I love drawing and I find art the best way to express myself.