chapter 14

Trigger Warning!⚠️ -: Mention of Bl*od, Vi*lence, Ab*se, and crime.
please feel free to skip that part of the chapter if it makes you uncomfortable.
                  _____________________

Y/n's POV
I stirred in my sleep when the bright rays of the sun fell directly on my face from the window. I don't know when I fell asleep on the window seat, but now my head hurts like hell because of all the crying and overthinking I did last night.

and after all the overthinking I've done, I came to the conclusion that I will ask Taehyung about this by myself today when he comes back. No drama, no blaming, or anything else—just a simple question.
Whatever it was between him and that woman, it was in the past. And I trust him with everything. But if he still has feelings for her, I will simply leave.

I took a deep sigh and stood up. Ready to start my day with a heavy heart, I put a smile on my face and went downstairs to greet my in-laws. I had my breakfast with them and Seokjin oppa.

After my in-laws left for the event, Jin oppa directly asked, "What happened, and why are you looking so low? Don't try to lie, because I know something is bothering you.I was astonished at his question; he sensed something was off even after I was putting on a smile on my face the whole time.

"How Did you know something is bothering me?" I didn't try to hide it from him because I needed to get it out of myself. Maybe I will feel a little light. "I'm good at observing people; I can easily tell when they are faking their emotions and when they are not," he said, tugging at his lip. I've got a small smile. "Now tell me what it is. Did Taehyung do something? Tell me, I will teach him a lesson for troubling my sister."

I chuckled and shook my head. No," he didn't, but it is something related to him." He furrowed his brows, and I told him everything. He rubbed his hands on his face and let out a sigh after I explained the whole thing to him.

"I knew that woman was a manace. I shouldn't have brought her here. Y/n, I'm really sorry," he  apologized.He was feeling guilty, but it wasn't his fault; he didn't even know that she was Taehyung's ex.

"No, brother, it wasn't your fault at all. Please don't  apologize."Maybe it was part of her plan to come close to Seokjin. So that she can manipulate Taehyung.
He gave me an apologetic smile. "Y/n, don't worry; I'm with you. We will find a way. I talked to Taehyung this morning, and he'll be back by the evening. You can talk to him then." He assured me, and I nodded at his words.

After assuring me and making sure I was fine, he left for a meeting, saying he'd be back before Taehyung.

I came back to my room since I was the only one present in the mansion except the guards. I sent all the maids back to their homes because there was no work for them to do today and I could cook lunch for myself if I felt hungry.
I switched my phone on. I turned it off last night and haven't touched it since then.
As soon as my phone switched on, all the notifications flooded its screen. There were so many texts and missed calls from Taehyung.

The last text was one hour ago; I texted him back instead of calling him. The best excuse I could make was that my phone wasn't working properly because it fell from my hand. I knew it was a lame excuse, but that's all I was able to think of at the moment.
I spent the whole afternoon doing various things to distract myself. It was already six in the evening when I got Taehyung's text.
He is on his way.

I never knew love could make a person feel so many emotions; it could make you feel happy. Sad, angry, or maybe heartbroken...
I don't know what will happen next. Everything depends on that one answer from Taehyung. Either it will rescue our love or it will break us apart forever.

  _______________________________________

The chain of my thoughts broke when I heard a noise of something shattering. I furrowed my brows at the sudden, unknown activity that just took place.
I glanced at the window of my room. It's started to get dark outside. If I already sent the maids back to their homes, then who would it be? 

I stood up from the bed and headed outside the room to check. I was walking towards the staircase when all of a sudden 
The lights went off. making my surroundings pitch black. I stopped abruptly in my tracks. 
Panic took over me. We never faced a power blackout. Then why today? "Max?. Can you please check why the power went out? .. Max, where are you?" I called out for my bodyguard, whom Taehyung assigned for my security. 

He didn't respond, and I again called his name. this time a little louder,Max, can you hear me?". My voice came out wobbly, and my throat dried up. There is still no response from him. 
I realised that I don't have my phone with me. "Sh*t, I left it in the room." I hastily turned back and made my way towards my room. Bumping and crashing with the vases and walls in the hallway, I finally got back to my room. 

I searched for my phone in the darkness and found it on the bedside table. I turned on the flash light. And again,  came out of my room. And I made my way towards the staircase. I again stopped midway when
I heard footsteps. slow clomp on every step of the stairs. 

It can be Taehyung, as he said he'd be back in the evening. "Taehyung, is it you?" I tried to confirm my doubt. No response.
Something is wrong. No. Everything is wrong. I need to get out of here asap. I took steps backwards. Fear crawled across every inch of my body. 

I froze on my spot. When a figure came into my view in the light of my phone flashlight, My hair stood on end. A shiver raced down my spine, and a lump came to my throat. It was him, wearing the same smiley face mask that I saw on the news channels. The same mask he leaves on every crime scene as a signature after k*lling those innocent women's. It was Park Joong. 

"Hello! Remember me? No? Tch, tch, tch! How can you forget me? We met at the amusement park, but it's okay because I never forget my next target's face." He said 
In a gruff voice, my hands and legs started to shake out of fear. No, no, I can't be weak. 

"How did you get in? , Security! Security!" I shouted in hope, but he let out a chuckle. "Scream all you want; no one will hear you; don't waste your time." This man is a total psychopath. I slowly started to take my steps backward. And he took slow steps towards me. 

I turned and rushed in the opposite direction of the hall. The sound of his footsteps fastened; he was trying to chase me. I quickly turned off the flash light. He won't be able to see me in the darkness.
"No matter how hard you try to hide or escape, you won't be able to," he exclaimed. I didn't know in which direction I was going; I was running as fast as I could. 

Suddenly, my leg hit a table present in the corridor. I tumbled on the marble floor. The vase on the table fell to the ground, making a smashing noise. I groaned in pain. I tried to get up but failed. A shred of glass pierced my hand, causing a stinging sensation. I felt blood flowing out of my hand. A cry escaped my mouth. 

At this time, I knew I couldn't get out of 
here, so I searched the floor for my phone among the shattered shards of the
glass vase. As soon as I received it, I turned it on 
and 
dialled Taehyung's number. After a few
rings, he picked up the phone, and I
 yelled his name in pain:
 "Tae! Please save me." After hearing me, he answered strongly, his voice filled with terror and worry.
"Y/n! Are you OK?"

"What's going on, and where the hell 
are you?"His voice quiver. "Tae i-it's Park joo-"
My phone died before I could finish 
my sentence, and I'm not sure what will happen now. I was wounded.

Despite being severely injured, I attempted to rise up. However, when I did, someone pulled my hair from behind. I yelped with pain.

"Were you thinking you will escape from me this easily?" His grasp on my hair tightened, "Please leave me, I haven't done anything." I pleaded with him to leave, but he refused.

He began to drag me while still grasping my hair; the pain was so intense that I felt weak.

After a few steps, I felt him halt and heard him chuckle. He whispered something, and I didn't understand what he was saying, but he pushed me.

From the staircase.....

________________________________________

A/N-: Hello, everyone. I wanted to notify you all that I'm
 putting 
'Forced Marriage with Mr.Arrogant'
 on pause since I want to work on my 
new novel for now, so please don't ask me for updates on that book of 
mine; I'll think about finishing it
 later.