Chapter 1

"I Can Be Your Date"

Chapter 1

Mon feels nervous. She’s standing in her room in front of her closet. Okay, she has to make sure to pick out something red. Her eyes scan through her closet. She settles with a red blouse and light blue jeans, which hug her ass perfectly. She grabs the book that she had placed onto her desk.

Going to the park was something she enjoyed doing, but today she felt nervous. She looks at the watch on her wrist.

1:35 PM

She has to get going. At 2pm she has what could be considered some type of blind date. To try something new, she had contact with someone online. Someone named Nop. She has no idea what Nop looks like. All she knows is that they’re the same age, which is eighteen. They had agreed to meet each other today at 2pm in the park, on the bench by the lake. To be able to recognize each other for sure, they had agreed to wear something red and to bring a book.

So here Mon finds herself, red blouse and a book tugged under her arm, ready to go to the park. The only thing she does know is that Nop has brown hair. It came up in a conversation once when she told Nop she has shiny black hair. Usually she wouldn’t agree to meet up with a stranger, but Nop isn’t really a stranger.

Okay sure, she doesn’t know what Nop looks like. She only knows Nop has brown hair, but they chatted a few times and besides, they are going to meet up in the park at 2pm on a Sunday. It’s a public place, it is safe enough. Plus as an extra safety, she has an agreement with her best friends Irin and Noey. All she’d need to do is send them a single smiley and they would rush to the park. It seemed a bit silly that Noey and Irin would be in the coffee shop, across the street from the park, but they mean well and it is a bit sweet. 

Mon grabs her keys, locks her door and puts her phone in the pocket of her jeans. She makes her way to the park.

She glances at her watch when she arrives in the park.

2pm.

She is right on time. When she gets closer to the bench, she notices that it is empty. There is a tree nearby and she decides to stand close to the tree, to wait.

____________________________________

“Come on, Sam. It’s Sunday, can’t we just chill and watch a movie?” Jim groans. She drops herself onto the couch. “It’s comfy.”

Sam shakes her head. “No, Jim. How can you stay inside? It is 2pm and the sun is shining brightly today. We live close to the park. It will be nice to be outside.”

Sam enjoys living close to the park. She often goes there to run for a while or to read a book.

“Ugh Sam, you’re just going to grab a book again and sit there on that bench, reading. You could sit here on the couch and read, you know.”

Sam grabs her red tank top. She takes her sweater off and puts her tank top on instead. “It is nicer to be outside, to have some fresh air. It helps to clear my mind while I read.”

Jim places her feet on the table in front of their couch and grabs the remote, starting her endless zapping before deciding what to watch.

“Don’t lose track of what time it is. I’ll have dinner ready at 6.” Jim waves her hand. “Have fun with your boring book.”

Sam shrugs. “It is not boring, Jim. I will be back at 6.”

Sam tucks her book under her arms, puts her phone in the pocket of her black jeans, grabs her keys and begins her path to the park.

When Sam arrives at the park and finds her favorite bench near the lake, she is pleased that it is empty. Sometimes others sit there and then she has to run around to look for another bench to sit on. It is much calmer near the lake. She sits down and opens her book to read.

To be continued....