Ayato [✩/♡]

Kamisato Ayato was a man without flaws

Truly—as both leader and brother—he could not afford his masquerade to be shattered by imperfections.

But perhaps he was far more broken than he thought.

"You klutz! I told you to be careful with the vase!"

The sound of shattering porcelain and panicked voices of children piqued the interest of the male walking by, his pale blue locks flowing elegantly in the wind.

He watched in hidden amusement as the older child grumbled in annoyance, seemingly conflicted between yelling at their younger sibling or comforting them from being at the verge of tears.

"I-I'm sorry..." The little girl hiccuped as she suppressed her tears, looking down upon the pile of remaining debris in misery. "I just wanted to help Akito..."

The said boy grimaced at the sight of his sister's brimming tears, reaching an awkward hand to pat her on the head.

"It's...it's fine, Sawako. Just...don't cry."

Ayato watched the interaction silently, the siblings reminding him of his own childhood days of scolding and comforting his younger sister.

He was about to approach the two when a certain peppy blonde beat him to it.

"Akito! Sawako!"

The two children turned towards the direction of the voice, the bright ball of sunshine running towards them with a worried look etched onto her face.

"Ms. Yoimiya..."

Yoimiya quickly scanned the two for any injuries. She held Sawako's tear-ridden face with gentle hands, giving her a warm smile.

"Now, now, no need to cry!" She comforted, her smile unwavering. "As long as the two of you aren't hurt, everything's okay."

The little girl gave her a nod, wiping her tears away. "But...mommy's vase..."

Both Ayato and Yoimiya turned towards the pile of broken porcelain, the latter carefully collecting them in her hands. Seeing this, Ayato was quick to take over, bringing the sharp debris in his hold instead.

"Oh! Ayato!" Yoimiya greeted him cheerfully, happy to see a friend. However, she was quick to protest his aid, brows furrowing in concern. "Your hand-"

"It would be rude of me to make a lady hold such dangerous objects." Ayato jested, although a genuine smile made a way towards his face. "Besides, you shouldn't injure your vital tools as a craftswoman."

Yoimiya couldn't help but smile sheepishly at his words, thanking him as he took the rest of the pieces off the floor.

"So, what shall we do about this?" Ayato hummed in thought, looking from and to the children and the broken pottery.