𝑺𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 ♥︎ 28

Start from the beginning

"That's amazing!"

"Only Poland, Jamaica and Eldon are left," Orla grinned round at them.

"Oh, whatever, Eldon's got it, man," James grinned, as the group got back to rehearsing, with slightly easing weight on their shoulders.

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Eldon had won.

Orla had recieved an over the moon message from Thalia to announce that Eldon had beat out both his opponents that were left, he and Thalia were now dating, and that they would be going up against Jamaica in this round.

Right now, the first group was going, which meant Michelle, who they had asked to record the music for them, would be due any minute.

As if on cue, she ran in just then, shouting. "Guys! I have your song!"

"Oh thank goodness," Orla breathed as they all huddled round Michelle's phone and the music played.

It actually fit really well. Even just listening to it then, they could fit in the hip hop section, and they knew the tumbling would work too so not much adaptation would be needed.

"Listen," Michelle said to them, drawing them to attention. "The other team was really messy. You guys gotta make sure it's tight."

They all looked round at each other.

"If we win this round, we're in the semi finals," Orla said. "Our whole team is relying on us. And we can't let them down."

♥︎♥︎♥︎

"England beat out Poland," sighed Thalia to Orla as the five of them got into the wings, all dressed in their costumes, Orla and Giselle's hair slicked back in a high ponytail. "Which means we're going against them in the semis if we win this round."

At least we won't be facing Sweden, Orla thought privately. After winning their battle in this round, Sweden would be facing Italy in the semi finals, who also won theirs.

"Well, that sucks, but at the same time, there's nothing I kinda want more than to go up against Ella again," Orla shrugged. "Because this time, if we win, we finish her for good."

Thalia smiled. "That's what I like about you, Orla. You never give up."

There was no time to answer that, as Jamaica, who were on the stage now, we're starting.

And their dance was really good.

At the end of it, however, Orla was confident it could be beat.

It had to be beat.

"Right, come on, let's do this!" James said, welcoming their group into a huddle and welcoming other TNS members as well. "Come on Next Step!"

"Let's go Next Step!"

"We've rehearsed, we've worked all our choreo," West listed. "I think we're ready."

"Well, if we're not, we better be soon," Orla shrugged. "Time's up."

♥︎♥︎♥︎

"Will the Next Step please take the stage?"

Kate and the other dancers cheered as the group of five walked on the stage, walking to their starting positions.

"This... is my first time on the Internationals stage," James said, for once, speechless. "It's so crazy."

Orla just- she just prayed they had done enough.

All the lights, all the sound

Collide and make a perfect storm

As soon as the music started, Orla and the others felt themselves come alive.

And they were feeling the beat and they were in sync and they were dancing.

And it felt so, so good.

As Max picked Orla up into a massive spinning lift and the audience cheered, Orla remembered what it was like to dance in front of one again. One you could see.

"This routine is extremely intense, we have a lot of fast and intricate moves," Giselle explained.

"Our team is counting on us," shrugged Orla. "We have to get this right."

"Our old choreography to the new song actually works really, really, really well," smiled Kate.

As they got into the tumbles and Orla did a layout across the front of the stage, she properly felt as though she believed it.

They were going to win.

And, as the routine finished, it seemed the audience believed it too.

The way they clapped and cheered... it would stay with Orla forever.

It felt nice to know so many people believed in you that much.

But what really mattered was what the judges believed.

Orla felt as though she was breaking James' fingers with how hard she was gripping them as they waited for the verdict.

"And the winner, moving on to semi finals is... The Next Step!"

Orla jumped up and down, screaming and cheering with her team.

They were in.

They were in semi finals!

Oh my g-

Running off into the wings to celebrate with the team, Orla wasn't expecting to be pulled aside.

More so, she wasn't expecting to be pulled aside by Ella.

"Congratulations."

Orla scoffed. "I would say the same to you, but considering the reasons you're still here are lying and cheating, I can't."

Ella shrugged. "Whatever works."

"I don't have time for this," Orla declared.

"Well, you're going to have to make time Orla," Ella shrugged. "Because we're about to go up against each other."

"And what happened the last time we did that?" Orla feigned confusion. "Oh, yeah. I beat you. Just like I'm going to beat you this time."

Ella smirked. "We'll see about that."

So, as Orla turned back to celebrate with her team, she vowed one thing in her mind.

They could not lose to England tomorrow.