Chapter 28

(England's POV)
There was blood everywhere. The dead bodies of my comrades continuously fell around me. Gunshots rang through the chaos and struck home.

There were larger grey clouds in the sky, and the smell of rain was no longer there. It had been chased away by the smell of battle. I immediately knew where I was.

I was in the beginning of the war. That one war that could always bring me to tears and strip away all my willpower to stay strong. This war would never relinquish its power over me, it was impossible.

It was the American Revolution.

Tears fell from my eyes and mixed with the irony red substance that covered the ground. I fell to my knees and put my head in my hands. This couldn't be happening, it had already passed.

Unless.... Maybe I had down something to offend Alfred, and now we were back to square one...

No, worse than square one. If that had happened, he would hate me now. No feeling is worse than one-sided love, and I would have to suffer that.

I slowly shook my head and whispered to myself, trying to convince my brain that this wasn't happening. But it was. How else could it be so vivid and real?

All of a sudden I had a sudden promting to make sure Alfred was okay. But that didn't make sense... He would be fine... Right?

I decided to listen to the prompting, no matter how ridiculous it was. My one true love could be in danger.

I ran through the battlefield, searching for my beloved. I yelled out his name and received no answer. Slowly I began to suspect the worst.

If he wasn't answering, he must be hurt. He must have gotten shot, or terribly injured.

He could be dead.

I ran faster and faster, desperately looking for him. I finally saw a small strand of blonde hair, which had to belong to him. It must be his one strand that always stood apart from the rest.

Relief flooded through me. At least, he was okay. "Oh Alfred. I was so worried." I whispered, caressing his cheek.

I froze. His face was cold... And pale. His eyes were empty and lifeless. I looked down and saw a big splotch of red, growing bigger by the second.

"No." I whispered. "No no no no no no no no no." It slowly started to rain. "Alfred... Why?" I couldn't stand seeing him like this, dead and lifeless.

I couldn't handle it. I felt like my heart was getting ripped out of my chest and torn to pieces. My life, my world and universe, lay in front of me.

Dead.

My knees gave out and I collapsed onto the ground, blood soaking my pants. I desperately clung onto Alfred, praying for something- anything that could let him live.

Nothing came. I weeped at his side until I couldn't make any more tears. I had never deserved him, and he deserved much better than me.

It was my fault he was dead. I had told him all my problems and secrets, things everyone should have known anyway. I had brought him to this.

I had stepped into his life and brought a world of dilemmas with me. I should have kept my distance, kept him safe.

Now he was dead at my feet, and there was nothing I could do.

I shot up, waking up Alfred. I felt cold sweat on my forehead and neck, salty tears running down my face.

It had all been a dream. Alfred was alive and well, right next to me, and I intented to keep it that way. "What's going on?" He slurred, still sleepy.

"Nothing, go back to sleep." I replied, moving his hair out of his face. He slowly nodded off.

I ran my hand through my hair, finding it messy and unkempt. I sighed and lightly chuckled. Everything was fine. It was just a nightmare.

Come on, I've been having nightmares forever. Why did this one seem so real? Maybe because I haven't had one in a while... Yeah. That must be it.

I slowly calmed down and convinced myself it was only a dream. I laid back down and went to sleep.

(A/N)
Okay, first let me say I'm sorry if I scared you guys, but who doesn't love giving people a good scare sometimes?

Maybe I've spent too much time reading fanfics with Russia in them. XD Well, hoped you like it!
~Jess