•|two

|sarah|

I can't breathe

I can't breathe. 

I can't think — scratch that — I don't know how to think.

It is not a feeling I am unaware of. Sometimes I feel my brain can't function properly. That it cannot process things and differentiate between right and wrong. 

That is when Marreese holds me uptight by my shoulders and speaks words to me and I accept them. I believe him and everything he says because I don't believe myself. 

The man before me called me Vaidehi but I am no Vaidehi, nor have I ever heard of her. 

But the man in front of me seems to think otherwise. They all are dressed in black turtlenecks and black dress pants. Guns tucked in their waistband and they all were wearing gloves. 

Except one. 

The no doubt rich yet distinguished man before me excludes a silent yet powerful presence. 

He is neatly clad in an all black fine business suit, his onyx eyes set behind glasses seems to scan all around him for potential threats.

And his chiselled features are framed by slicked jet-black hair, giving him an overall classy yet intimidating air.

I got the distinct feeling that he is someone not to be trifled with.

The man, Lais, says something but my attention is focused on the dark stranger. 

"I-I don't know what you all are talking about," I manage to say in the most neutral tone I could manage without showing my fear.

"You don't?" The stranger raised one of his eyebrows, probably in amusement rather than anger. 

His voice may have been calm but I didn't miss the warning in it. "Yes," I uttered quietly, pressing myself to the car I am leaning to be as far away from them as possible. 

Lais snapped something in a language I couldn't grasp. Was it Hindi? 

"Lais," the stranger warned with a tilt of his head at his partner? Companion? Guard?

What was he? And most importantly, who were they? 

"Sorry Sir." Lais didn't actually sound apologetic. 

The stranger looked at her once again. This time there was no humour. No emotion in his eyes. I felt a shiver trail down my spine when I met the onyx in them.

"Do you know who they are?" 

I shook my head. I didn't know who they were and I didn't want to know.

"Speak when you are asked," the onyx-eyed stranger spoke and I felt a shudder run down my spine at the command.

"No."