Chapter 31 The honeymoon

Start from the beginning

I woke up to the birds chirping outside and the sun shining inside the bedroom where we made love last night for the second night in a row. I stretched out and noticed that all of our stuff is still in the truck. I groaned and climbed out of bed careful enough not to wake Dustin up. I grabbed my underwear and pants and threw them on then I grabbed Dustin's flannel and slipped my arms through. I grabbed Dustin's truck keys and headed out the door.

I grabbed all of our bags and set them inside in the living room. I didn't wan to unpack our bags and wake Dustin up so I just left them in the living room and made my way around the cabin. It was absolutely beautiful. I felt so at home because it was just so inviting. The deer heads on the walls reminded me of hunting with Aaron and the fish mounted on the wall on the other side reminded me of fishing with Dustin for our second date when he asked me out.

I made my way to the kitchen next and looked around. Little bears held the salt and pepper shakers and a small plastic deer held the towel up on the counter. Everything in the cabin was cute and pretty. I walked around he cabin for a few minutes until my stomach growled. I made my way to the kitchen and noticed that their was no food so I had to make a run to the store.

Quietly I made my way to the bedroom and peeked in Dustin was still out and I didn't think that he would be waking up for awhile so I quickly left him a note on the bedside table that I was heading to the store and walked outside. After I got the trailer unhooked from the truck I jumped up in the cab and pulled my phone out. Since I had no idea about where we were at I used siri on my phone to tell me where the nearest store was at. Where our cabin was at it wasn't around anybody so we were alone in this part of the woods.

While I drove I kept noticing trail signs that said the name of the trail.  Piece after piece everything came together. When I would pass another cabin they had their razors and "mud toys". Everything was still hazy but I found the way back to the office and onto the main road. I followed the directions to the store and when I got their I quickly got things that we would need and got back out in about 30 minutes. People stared at me for being in suck a nice big jacked up truck but I was used to it.

I didn't have to use my phone to get back since I remembered the way to the store. I looked around at the stop lights and got to see some things about where we were at. Some were good and some were bad. I pulled into the road to the office and a guy walked out and flagged me down. I came to a stop and rolled the window down to talk to him.

"Hello are you Dustin Myers." I smiled and shook my head no.

"No I'm Danielle Myers his wife. Is their something wrong." The guy looked down at the stack of papers he was holding and fished around in them.

"Nope their is nothing wrong. I'm guessing that you guys are newlyweds because you are staying in the honeymoon cabin." I nodded my head and he smiled. "Well congratulations on the marriage. What I stopped you for is because we missed you guys coming in late last night and we didn't get to hand you papers that you needed and this tag to hang around your mirror." I took the papers out of his hand and hung the tag thing on the review mirror. I said thank you as he was walking back into the building. I guessed that he was done talking so I drove off and headed for the cabin.

While I was gone a lot more razors and four wheelers showed up and were driving around. It could have been much easier to go online and see what all the Real McCoy Cabins were all about but I'm going to leave it for Dustin to surprise me with. I pulled into the cabin and grabbed the grocery bags laying them on the table. After all the food that needed to go in the fridge was in their I walked to the bedroom to find Dustin still fast asleep. I smiled to myself and walked back into the kitchen to put all the other foods away.