"look at your life right now, look at your life!" kiara' dad shouted, the girl shrugging in response. kinda ironic since he was a pogue.

"it's good to see y'all, Mr. and Mrs. Carrera." JJ waved to the older couple, the pair not saying anything in response.

pope was next, he stuck his head out the window, raising his hand, "hi, uh, ma'am, sir. i promise to have her back at a reasonable hour and safe."

kiara sent a glare at the boy, "what are you doing?"

Bambi thought it was weird how she came adosa rude to him. he was only doing what JJ done, plus he meant no harm.

"kiara, listen to me. you wanna go? then you can go." the woman pointed at her, "but if you don't come back at the proper time then don't come back at all!"

kiara looked at her mom, having nothing to say. sure she always disobeyed her but she had never threatened to kick her out before.

"she's bluffing." JJ said quiet enough just for the group to hear, earning a nudge from Bambi.

as soon as kiara got into the car, Bambi followed her, ready to put the heaters on and get nice and cozy. she even wanted to have a little nap.

"y'all have a good day." JJ saluted the couple, getting in the car as well, closing the door.

"this shit would be so much easier without parents." Kiara sighed, talking to nobody in particular.

if only she knew.

THE POGUES WERE ON THE FERRY, ONE step closer to getting to Charleston and one step closer to clearing John Bs name.

Bambi didn't get the chance to nap in the car, it was way to cramped, expecially with her not being able to bring her legs up.

she was now sat in the very back of heywards car, kiara sat not far in front and JJ beside her on the roof. Pope, being to stressed and still trying to figure out things, stood outside of it, leaning his arms against the car for support.

Bambi was smoking a joint she had just rolled, taking a couple of pulls before passing it to JJ, the boy smiling at her as a thanks.

"my parents are so paranoid of me being a pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." kiara sighed, bringing up the topic about her parents again.

"hey, i hear they've got good weed at boarding school though." JJ shrugged, taking a pull of the joint in his hand.

"i'm not going to boarding school." kiara told him firmly, "they're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up and throw me in a van."

"don't jinx it." Bambi smirked at her, "we've had bad luck a lot recently."

JJ stood up, passing the joint to kiara before moving to take a seat beside bambi. the girl reached up to take his hat, putting it on her own head whilst he fixed his now messy hair.

"hey, kie." Pope looked at the girl, getting her attention, "have you tried John B back on that number yet?"

"like twenty million times." kiara sighed, "some random lady from a hotel keeps answering."