𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

Julie: So, tell us about Jimmy.

Jenn: Jimmy was.. the first serious boyfriend I'd ever had. (pauses and smiles.) We had been dating for about five months when the band finally booked a gig at a small underground club.

We had our ups and downs for sure.. (nods head)

Julie: Would you say you were in love.

Jenn: i thought I was at the time.. but... (bites lip). There was truly always someone else.

Graham: The guy was a douche bag

Graham: The guy was a douche bag. (Shrugs)

。˚❀ ·ꕤ

When they finally arrived at the venue, the sight of the crowd and the sound of distant music filled the air with anticipation. Jenn's heart raced with nerves and conflicting emotions as they unloaded their gear and made their way inside.

Jenn's nerves were on edge. It wasn't just the fact that it was their first gig in a year that had her stomach tied in knots; it was the thought of facing Jimmy again.

The last conversation they had was still fresh in her mind. It had started as a typical disagreement, but then Jimmy had brought up Graham, his jealousy showing as it did often.

Jenn had tried to reassure him, as she always did, that Graham was just a friend and nothing more. But Jimmy's insecurities showed even more, leading to an argument that left them without talking to each other for a few days now.

While the band members ahead of Jenn remained oblivious to her sadness, she trekked behind them not wanting to ruin the mood. Warren saw her subtle distress, and felt a sense of protectiveness towards his friend. He slowed down to match Jenn's pace. Sensing his presence, Jenn glanced up, meeting his gaze as he offered her a reassuring look.

"Are you alright?" Warren's voice was barely above a whisper, trying to keep their conversation private from the others. Jenn hesitated, not wanting to lie to him.