"Levi... who's dead?"

Tears ran down his face again, his cuts stinging as they poured into them, not that he cared.

"Stiles... he's dead. He's dead."

Her face dropped as he continued his repetition. 

She slowly backed away from him and into the doorway, making sure he didn't leave or do anything stupid as she shut the door and locked it.

The girl ran upstairs to her bedroom and picked up her phone, quickly dialling the one person who may have a clue as to what happened.

"Scott?"

"Lydia, I'm kind of busy right no-"

"It's Levi. He just showed up at my house, he's all beaten up and he's unresponsive. Scott, he's saying Stiles is dead."

There was a small pause and she feared she may have just broken the news to the boy's best friend. 

"That's impossible, his dad called me an hour ago. He got home, he's beaten up too but that's it. Can you- can you go make sure he's okay? Is Levi alright? Does he need to go to the hospital?"

She let out a sigh of relief.

"He'll probably be a lot better when I tell him he's alive. I don't think he needs that much help, maybe a towel to stop the bleeding but other than that..."

"Great. Just, head over to Stiles'. I'll be there as soon as I can."

He hung up almost immediately.

Lydia closed her eyes for a brief moment, allowing everything to sink in.

Thank God.

"Dad, I told you I'm fin-"

Stiles interrupted himself as he turned around on his chair, seeing the redhead girl in his doorway. 

"Your dad let us in."

"Yeah, of course he di- us?"

She bashfully stepped out of the way, letting him see the boy standing behind her. 

He'd been staring at the floor, not completely understanding his whereabouts or what was happening around me until he heard his name coming from the voice he didn't think he'd ever hear him. 

"Levi?"

The green-eyed boy jerked his head up, thinking his mind was deceiving him, but there he was. Stiles Stilinski. In all his glory. 

In all his beaten up glory.

Levi didn't even think twice before he forced his weak legs to run forward and wrap his arms around the Stilinski's body. Stiles stood there for a moment, looking at Lydia in shock before he slowly put his arms around the shorter boy.

"Hey... what- what happened?"

Lydia smiled as she watched the pair, slowly backing away so she wouldn't disrupt their reunion. 

"I thought you... you died. I couldn't feel you anymore. I thought they killed you."

He never lifted his head from his chest, so his words came out mumbled but Stiles managed to hear every syllable of it.

"What? Were you there?" When he didn't respond, Stiles slowly pushed him away, only so they weren't touching anymore. "Levi? What happened to your face? Who did it?"

Levi didn't listen to a word of it, simply taking in the boy in front of him. 

His brain so full of relief and happiness it was hard to focus.