Chapter 28 - Not Again

Start from the beginning

'Okay. I'm ready.'

I wait for her to begin the training when she suddenly begins to glow brighter than before. I had to look away and block my eyes as the light was blinding. As it began to dim down, I cautiously turned back around to catch sight of the most remarkable thing I've ever witnessed. The Moon Goddess was floating a few feet off the ground before me. I could only make out her silhouette as it was engulfed by light. Her silhouette became unclear almost as if she was disappearing. Just then, another silhouette in the form of a wolf, emerged from within the vague form of the Moon Goddess. The wolf figure became more visible as both figures descended back onto the plush green grass. The wolf was magnificent with its beautiful snow white, shiny coat and it's violet eyes. A crescent moon was imprinted on it's forehead as it glowed the same color as its eyes. 

I stood there gawking at the stunning creature, before I felt a nudge at my side. I slowly turned to see Freya in a bowing position. She motioned for me to do the same and I ungracefully fell onto one knee with my right fist over my heart and bowed my head.

'It's alright Children. You may rise. I would like you to meet Celeste, my wolf,' Goddess Selene introduced.

Both Freya and I rose from our position. 'I didn't know you had a wolf of your own.'

'No one knows. I had created Celeste centuries ago when I was feeling lonely, not having any company in my realm. The God of Gods heard of my creation and demanded I get rid of her as he claimed she would only serve as a distraction from my duties. I couldn't bring myself to destroy her so I bonded her soul with mine. That's where the idea of werewolves stemmed from,' she explained.

I numbly nodded along, still dumbfound with the sight of her wolf. Not that Freya isn't a remarkable wolf herself, but this is the Goddess' wolf, she's just awestriking. 

'Okay. now that that's out of the way, let's begin. I will be your sparing partner and Celeste will spar with Freya. This will help strengthen both the human and the wolf side,' Goddess Selene informed.

'I already workout both my human and wolf side.'

'Yes, but this is different. With you being separated from each other, you will need to really become one and fight alongside one another. This will help you fully trust and work with your wolf and human side.'

'Okay, that makes sense. I'm ready.'

'As am I,' Freya declares as she comes to my right.

Selene got into a fighting stance with Celeste at her side mimicking her stance. Freya and I followed suit, but weren't prepared as they both launched at us throwing blow after blow. I reacted quick and blocked her hits as I jumped out of the way before she can land her kick. I stayed on the defense, not throwing any hits of my own.

'Don't be afraid to strike back Child. Forget I am your Goddess and regard me as any other opponent.'

I tried to do as she requested, but I still couldn't bring myself to throw a hit her way.

'Brielle, I need you to fight back. Don't worry about hurting me. All injuries here won't have any real affect. Now hit me!'

That was all I needed, before swiftly going from defense to the offense. We danced around each other as punches and kicks were thrown around. I managed to land a few strikes on her, but so had she. I could feel Freya near and I could hear the growls and pants coming from their direction. I was tempted to take a glimpse, but remained focus on my opponent. I launched forwards with the intent of knocking Selene off balance, but she had other plans. Before my foot made contact with her side, she jumped over me and I was hurled a few feet away as I crashed into a tree. A groan slipped out, but I ignored the pain and jumped back on my feet. I briskly turned around ready to counteract, but was met with Celeste instead of Goddess Selene.