Chapter 28 - Not Again

Zacznij od początku

'Hello, Child. It's nice to see you again,' came her soothing voice before she materialized before me. 

Not again. Isn't there a nicer way to bring me here. Why does it always have to be so painful.  Suddenly, I felt my body tingle and I knew I had gained mobility back. I stood up from my kneeling position and looked up at the Moon Goddess.

'I apologize for that, but unfortunately it will continue to be like this. You will get used to it though just like when you shift, it gets easier.'

Oh right, forgot she can hear my thoughts.

'Why does it need to hurt?'

'It's because your soul is detaching from your body and your wolf side is being separated from your human side. It also takes a toll on the mind and body being transported to another realm,' she explains.

'I guess that makes sense. I just wish it didn't hurt that bad. It literally felt like I was being filled with silver as it burned my insides.'

'I will see what I can do to ease some of the pain the next time around,' she promises.

'Thank you. So umm, not that I'm not honored to be in your presence, but what am I doing here?'

'I have called upon you to begin your training. The war is getting closer and you need to be prepared.'

'Right. Before we get started, I have a few questions.'

'Go on dear. You can ask me anything and I will try to answer the best I can.'

'I I umm I was going through my heat before being brought here,' I started off feeling slightly embarrassed to ask her these things.

'Yes, I'm aware,' she responds, gesturing for me to continue.

'How is that even possible. The bond tying me and Aaron should have been severed, therefore no more heat.'

'You're bond to him has been severed. There is another reason for your heat and unfortunately I'm not allowed to give you the answer you seek.'

'What? Why not?'

'It's just the way things work up here. Us deity's are not allowed to mingle and intervene in mortal issues. I've already done it once and that is why you are in this mess. I have been warned and cannot break the rules. All I can say is to listen to your wolf and follow your gut feeling. Everything will come to light at its own time.'

I didn't respond as I just looked at her blankly. There was a whirlwind of emotions going through me at the moment. I get what she's saying but after everything I can't just put my life in fate's hands, not again. I hate sitting back and waiting for things to fall into place when I can do something to move things along and prevent innocent people from getting hurt.

'I know trust is hard to come by for you, but just have faith in what I'm saying.'

'It doesn't feel like I have much of a choice.'

'She's right Bri. If you can't trust anything else, trust me.'

I whip my head to the right to see Freya trotting over from behind the Moon Goddess. It through me off for a second before I composed myself. I still can't get over seeing her in wolf form separated from me.

'Okay, I trust you,' I comply, crouching down to scratch behind her ear. 

'We don't have much time before I need to send you back. We should get started on your training,' she states.

I stand back up turning to face her as I wait for her instructions.

'We will first start with hand to hand combat. You have new strength and reflex that you still need to fully tap into and learn to control without exerting yourself too soon. Even though you do have more agility than any other Alpha, your body will still get tired after some time.'