Chapter 8: Rishta

(A/N: Guys I changed the name of male lead because, The character I was thinking of was not suited to this name. So from now it's  Mahir, not Mihir. Sorry guys it's my mistake. )

I just reached home one day early because I want suhana and Arjun to spend alone time

I just reached home one day early because I want suhana and Arjun to spend alone time. So I take early flight. And also want to do some college work as semester exams are coming. Maa opened the door.

"Aree itni jaldi Aya tu, kal ane wala tha na " she asked.

"Maa actually I have some work regarding college exams, so I take early flight."

"Ohh!! So how's the trip" maa asked.
"Amazing, the beaches were so clean and beautiful. I just fell in love with Bali"

"Ladki ke pyar me girne ki Umar me tu Bali ke pyar me gira , me bol rahi hu mast ladki dekh ke shadi karle"
Maa said.

" Maa I am super hungry, what is for lunch" I asked maa to divert her from the shaadi topic.

"Aree I forgot to tell you, Tanu came today, she made biryani. She's definitely best cook. I just loved her. Ruk tere liye leke aati hu" she said. And I feel something in my heart.

Ans I asked hesitately, "maa tanu means kavya's best friend right??"

"Yes not only her best friend, her parents also our family friend. And Tanu is like my daughter."maa replied and gone to kitchen.

I just started thinking about this tanu like she's so close to my family not only kavya I heard about her from maa , sara  and also papa. And I haven't even seen her. Strange. Then suddenly maa came and started to serve me biryani. And I just love biryani so much.
And started eating it. I was delicious. and
maa said, "kaisi hai??"

"I just soo good, she's definitely good cook."

"Ha to meri beti hai acchi hi hogi, you know what laddu, you both have so much common like your food preferences, she also love poha, biryani, gajar ka halwa" maa said.

And I just want to meet her. But it's okay and suddenly maa Screamed, "yaad aya, ajj wo Sheela aunty ka call aya tha, unki beti ka rishta aya hai tere liye, Aakansha nam hai uska."
"

Maa I need some time. I'm not ready for this marriage."

"Beta, just meet this girl, Sheela aunty is our family friend. And I can't ignore or deny her."

"Okay fine, we will meet that akansha girl."

"Thank you ladoo , thank you so much let me call her and fix the meeting."

And she hugged me and she went out to call aunty. I just feel happy by seeing her happy. But I'm scared.forget it, let me just make the question paper for this semester exam.

   🦄

Today is holiday but in morning only papa came to my room and remembered me about 4 pm wedding meeting with akansha, which I am trying to forget from yesterday,
I said, yess to papa and gone to freshen up.

🦄

At a table of breakfast maa Said,

"Beta, akansha is really good and sanskari girl, I met her at some weeding. She's really good, please be serious about her, aise rishte bar bar nahi aate, and hum aise hi mana nahi kar sakte"

That I just nodded, and quietly ate breakfast.

Thankfully, it was just the three of us at the table – Maa, Papa, and me. I silently thanked whatever higher power was listening that Sara wasn't there. Her teasing would have been unbearable, adding another layer of discomfort to an already tense situation.

🦄

As we arrived at Sheela aunty's place, the air thickened with anticipation, each instruction in the car weighing down on me like lead. We were welcomed with warm smiles, but my heart felt heavy as we settled onto the sofa, the elders already diving into discussions about Akansha and me.
Then Sheela aunty said ,
" akansha beta come down all the guests are here"

and akansha came, she's definitely beautiful but not more than her.
I shouldn't be comparing her

"Fuck, why am I doing this?" I cursed inwardly, realizing the mess I was getting myself into.

Then maa Said, " mujhe lagta hai ki , bacchon ko apas me baat kar leni chaiye, unko life sath bitani hai ,humara kya ,humari bate hoti hi rahegi." Reply to that , sharma uncle said, " sahi baat ki bhabhiji, akansha beta ,go and show our terrace to Mahir".
Maa's words only added to the pressure, as Sharma uncle chimed in with his agreement. Before I knew it, I found myself on the terrace with Akansha, the silence between us deafening.
N-nice plants," I stuttered, breaking the silence awkwardly, to which she replied with a simple acknowledgment of her love for gardening. The tension hung thick in the air, palpable and suffocating.

We returned to the drawing room, where the Sharma family excused themselves to the kitchen, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Then suddenly maa asked,
how's the akansha, you like her right. " I nodded. Because I don't know how to react.
Then Sheela aunty came and excitedly said, "akansha liked the mahir, what about mahir" and maa said, "yes "
I mean wtf when I said yes. I don't like the girl. And nor I want to marry her.
Then sharma uncle said,"then tomorrow only we call our Panditji and fixed te date, because we want to go to Europe trip , and we both want this marriage happened before our trip. "
I thought something is weird. And my parents also agree on this. And I don't know what to do. Nor I talk to that girl and how I can marry her.
As we headed home, my mind raced with a million thoughts, but one thing was clear – I needed to talk to them!!
                                 ****
.
.
.
.
.
Heyyy!! How's the chapter..
Sorry I know it's too late for the chapter.
Please vote, share and comment on this chapter!!!!!
See you at next chapter!!!
Byee!!!!
Love you!!!!