CHAPTER 2: OPPOSITION

~Saige's Pov~

That day is as bright as the day, I will not forget it no matter how hard I try. It's been years already! But the pain is still here hindi kailan man naghilom. That was the event that made me question everything and taught me to not trust that easily. The most eligible person who could hurt us and shatter us into pieces is the person who has the closest place in our hearts.

"Aiah. Aiah? Saige? Hey, are you listening?" She called me in many different forms that she could do.

"Yes Ami, everything is well stated so stop calling me a lot of times." I tried to be as calm as possible.

"Just checking if your thoughts are eating you up." She smiled sarcastically.

I didn't answer her at nakinig nalang sa lesson namin, even at class maingay pa din sya wala na talaga akong takas pagdating sa kanya. I don't hate Ami it's just that were different.

"Today we're going to learn about peace." The trainer smiled at us.

How can even peace help us when we're in the middle of a battle? Is he stating that we should think of peace because we need to prepare for our d**th?

"As I was saying today we are going to learn peace, not just peace but inner peace. Being a great warrior is not always about strategy and choosing violence to accomplish their mission. In able for you to use any kind of element you must have a clear mind so that you can cast your spells properly. " He looks at every student in the room and tries to connect with us with the use of his eyes.

*Raises hand

"Sir I have a question!" The boy in front raises his hand. And stood in front.

"Yes, Mr?" Our trainer asks him since he doesn't know how to address him.

"Zircon..." Ami whispered but enough for me to hear it.

" Arkius Zircon, Sir." He introduced himself without looking back.

Zircon. Huh? His name is quite familiar but I can't remember where I see his face.

"Yes Mr. Zircon. I am fond of students who inquire. Going back, what is your question?"

"Sir I would like to ask how peace will help us against the battle. Since it's time-consuming? I was just curious since it might be the cause of our d**ths." He looked up at our trainer and fixed his glasses.

Then some of our classmates laughed and then the guy with glasses finally looked back since our trainer was walking at his back and continuing his lesson. A lot of our classmates especially the girls were stunned by the guy with glasses. All I can say is he looked organized his hair is properly fixed but there are still inches of hair in front, he has brown and curly hair, comforting eyes, and he looks smart for his glasses. I looked at Ami and I caught her staring at him and then stared at our trainer after. At least he asked our trainer I was having the same question well I guess I was saved from asking.

"That's a great question Mr. Zircon. you may take your seat."

The guy with the glasses finally took his seat and gazed upon our trainer.

"You see in battle we know that everything is possible and we must be open to injuries, loss, or even d**th. But when it comes to battle we mustn't lose our sense of self and inner peace will help us to keep ourselves together. So we can think properly our mind and physical body will be harmonized." He explains that peace is one of the foundations of sorcery.

I hope that my trauma won't be a hindrance to finding my inner peace. Since it will create a huge impact if I can't control any elements.

"Anyways is one of the basic foundations of fighting in every different aspect. It's important that you need to learn the basics before the complex ones." Then our trainer got back in front and started lecturing.