CHAPTER 1: GENESIS

Cream curtains, a pastel blue room, and a lot of antique furniture. That was the description of the place; where I was captivated every night by my very own nightmares. The worst thing about death is existing! I always battle reality as soon as I open my eyes every morning. How I wish that death wasn't seen as a sin rather than an escape from breaking the sequence of the life cycle. Ang hirap magpatuloy ng buhay ng hindi mo alam kung para saan pa. Yet, ito ako ngayon trying to live my life and question everything.

I evade my thoughts and realize that I'm still existing and I have to face this shi*tty reality even if I don't want to.

But honestly ayaw rin naman sakin ng kamatayan I was attempted to be killed. A lot of times, pero ganon yata kagusto sakin ng tadhana na piliin ko pang mabuhay. Kahit parang ako sumuko na. I may be hating life but I wasn't born to lose in battles I rather be shed by blood. Fight until I passed out and die, than be a coward and continuously live life because of ignorance.

I signed...

' I'm stuck and no one can save me, what a pity?' I don't want to be saved anyway this is my battle to fight for. I was born to be responsible and known for an unbending will, but my greatest weakness is not death but failing.

*Door Opens

" Didn't I tell you to knock before coming in!'' I hopelessly made eye contact with her. I hate when someone breaks my privacy while having self-thoughts.

She's always have this habit that she barged in before opening. Even that I'm quiet. I can't do anything dahil sa kulit nya at pagiging pakielemera. She's always here in my room na ginawa nya na rin na tambayan kapag bored sya. Is she not listening to my everyday warnings? Napapagod nakong sawayin sya, kaya naman pinabayaan ko nalang sya.

'' Yes, but I am still breaking that... Aiah!'' She slightly increases her tone on me.

She's always been the rule breaker like his older brother pero walang tatalo sa pagiging makulit ng isang ito. I wonder what she's been up to right now?

'' Just call me Saige, Ami.'' I corrected my name, I suppose.

I hate other people using that name it makes me remember the betrayal years ago. That name should be buried with him and I don't wanna hear about anything. I hate my life and I'm just continuing it by the use of service.

'' I still don't get why you like that name. I mean that's for boys and not for girls.'' She even laughed a little bit.

She was the opposite of my cold character. Lucky for her she enjoys those little things without trauma. But I could never say that we are friends. Our relationship is more of being comrades due to our duty nothing less and nothing more.

'' Why do you even still want that name, Saige?'' She asked me with her one eyebrow-raising

I couldn't help but put a little annoyance on my face. She has a lot of questions to ask since I got here. She sees me as a mystery that can bring her enjoyment. Maybe she's confused about how I perceived things.

''Anong kailangan mo?'' I directly ask her para matapos na ang pagtatanong nya.

" Well I came here, because I want to remind you about our class... be sure to catch up, okay? Bye, Aiah!'' As if I didn't warn her again to not call me that name!

Then she walked while waving goodbye as she left like she didn't even pester me.

Me and Ami was in the same class and were also on the same age that's why I consider her as an acquintance. For Ami everything was okay she's very optimistic when it comes to life. That's why she's saying na sa 'sobrang boring' sya na ang gumagawa ng problema sa buhay nya. I don't get her concept but that was beyond my life, labas na ko dun.