𝟶𝟹𝟽 | 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚊

Start from the beginning

The power that rifled through her veins was astronomical (pun intended), but Leonora was the pupeteer behind the strings, the ring-master that led the circus. It was all her.

As though sensing his watchful gaze, Leonora began to stirr and begrudgingly blink her eyes open.

With a grunt, she placed an arm over her eyes, hoping to block out the sunlight that streamed past the curtains.

"And sleeping beauty finally awakens." Klaus softly mocked, taking a seat on the best beside her.

Leonora finally opened her eyes, "Don't." She chuckled before rolling over and spotted the time; 7:34pm "How long have I been asleep for?"

Klaus slowly drew circles on her exposed ankle as he replied. "Nearly two days."

Instantly, Leonora lurched into a sitting position - her eyes wide as she quickly began to get out of bed, much to Klaus's dismay. "Two days?! I could have gotten so much done in half of that time. You don't understand, I was suppose to return back to the search for Leonardo, who I still believe is this ridiculous warlock who keeps trying to kill me!"

The hybrid flopped his back on the bed, his arms out-stretched as he just listened to the ranting of the girl - a sweet smile on his face.

"Did I tell you I learnt mind control? Well, actually, my former-self learnt mind control after I'd paid myself a visit. Oh, and how could I forget? Elena was linked to Alaric, well with him gone the girl is no doubt dead." Her stone held a sense of guilt which vanished as soon as his ears picked up on it.

Klaus's head propped up as he heard the first words of her sentence. Mind control? "Elena is dead, love. She had vampire blood in her system while she died."

Leonora's pacing stopped as she took out a white shirt from her wardrobe. "She's a vampire?" Upon recieving a nod, she asked another question, "What else happened while I was out?"

The hybrid sat up and began to collect the needed clothing for her usual uniform-outfit. (Despite he so wishing she'd wear something less..Elijah-like) "Well, the Council nabbed little Rebekah, and many of the other vampires in Mystic Falls."

Leonora's eyes peirced through Klaus with worry. "Is Rebekah safe? Did you get her?"

"Yes, I got her, don't you worry, love. We had a little spat, but she'd unharmed." Klaus said, placing her clothes upon her bed.

"A little spat?  I bring you back alive and the first thing you two do is argue? It better not be because of your hybrids." Leonora asked, disbelieved.

It seemed Klaus's mood had downturned in comparison to a couple minutes ago. "I still believe werewolves will have better uses if they are a hybrid."

Leonora ran a hand through her hair, aggravated. "Will you give it a rest? You wish to create hybrids out of the excuse for your families protection, when in reality it's society whose needs protecting from them. You are the strongest family in history, Niklaus, have faith in their strengths."

"And you? How am I supposed to protect you without them?" Klaus questioned, taking steps closer to her.

"Aren't you the one always preaching about being the 'unstoppable Original hybrid'? -- maybe you should start believing it."

He looked down, not wanting to look at the eyes that had tortured themselves just so he'd live. "But I'm also the 'unstoppable Originals hybrid' that let my family watch my death. I was bested by a fake creation."

Leonora placed a shaky palm against his cheek, the neutral temperature of his body being responsible by both his werewolf and vampire sides equalling the other out. "Your strengths do not come from what you are, but the determination of surviving the things you have - that is where your strength forges from."