13. Just a Friend

Avery's POV

It's been almost two weeks now, and I was ready to start working at the bar again.

Everyone else seemed to be against it.

"I don't know piccolo,  after what happened last time, I don't know maybe it's best for you to stay here. You know, where it's safe?" Nico spoke as he leaned against my doorframe while Zo plopped onto my bed.

"I agree Avery, it's too soon. And the men there are too greedy. Do you really want to still work there, even after what happened?" Zo grabbed one of my pillows hugging it as she looked at me. 

I turned away from my vanity, my makeup brush in hand. 

"It's been two weeks, and all I do is sit here all day." I turned around, applying the rest of my foundation on, "I'm ready, trust me."

"It's not that we don't trust you piccolo, it's the men in there that we can't trust." Nico walked in, sitting down beside Zo.

"Yeah but, you would be there right Nic?" I applied my blush and looked back at the security guard through the mirror. "So I don't have to worry about anything."

"But I wasn't there last time." He looked down and fumbled with his hands.

"Nic, it wasn't your fault." I looked at Zo, "It wasn't your fault either Zo, it happened because those men were perverts and it was just unlucky that you guys were somewhere else. It's not your fault they were perverted." 

Zo cracked up laughing,

'"I think I know why Vince likes you." She laughed, causing me to blush furiously. 

"No he doesn't, we're just friends." I placed everything back to where it was and began to tie my hair up into a high ponytail, just like how I had done the last time. "Don't we have to go soon?" I changed the topic, as I got up and straightened out my uniform. 

Zo looked down at her watch and shot up from the bed. "Oh shit, we do."

She grabbed my arm and dashed out of the room, shoving Nico out of the way. 

................................................................................................................

I let out a breath as we hopped out of the bus, standing in front of the familiar dark alleyway that led to the bar. 

"Alright ladies, bracelets please." Tommasso stood at the door, the words 'security' written across his shirt. "Avery!" He greeted me with a hug as I beamed up at him. "You're back!"

"Hi Tommy," I showed him my bracelet, "How have you been?"

"I've been good, I was worried about you." He did a once-over to a brunette girl who showed her bracelet at him, "I didn't know when you would come back or if you were coming back."

"Alright Chatty box we need to get going, doors open soon." Zo grabbed my hand, pulling me inside, "You two can catch up later."

''SEE YOU TOMMY!" I yelled back at him as Zo continued to drag me inside.

"BYE AVERY!" I heard him yell back, and couldn't help but giggle.

We entered the changing rooms, and just like the night before, the girls were putting on their makeup, all chatting away happily amongst each other. 

"I'm gonna go grab our headpieces, go and put your uniform on." She squeezed my shoulder reassuringly and nodded towards the vanity furthest away from us, "Your stuff should be at the last table over there, I'll come grab you soon don't worry!"