Yoichi let his head dip down even further, resignation clawing at his brain.

BANG!

Yoichi twisted to see his prison door wide open, three figures silhouetted in the doorway. The two on the side were holding weapons, both of which were pointed at him. But they weren't the ones that his attention was drawn to.

No, that was the man in the middle. Yoichi could tell immediately that he was the leader of the three. It was in his posture, his confidence, his presence. He had spiky red hair, the color dull in the dim lighting. Their eyes met, and Yoichi felt time stop as they bored into him, picking apart his soul.

Silently, the stranger took a step forward and offered Yoichi his hand, the limb hanging in between them like a thousand words.

Yoichi took it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirio walked towards the classroom of 1-a once more, Nejire and Tamaki trailing behind him–well, Nejire was trailing behind him, Tamaki was being dragged.

"Guys, I really don't think I need to be here for this one. I mean, Mirio's basically just going to say he's okay and then go over what he was going to yesterday, right? There's not even going to be anything for me to say!"

"C'mon Tamaki, you gotta come with us!" Nejire struggled to gain any ground as Tamaki dug his heels in. "You're there to stand still and look cool!"

"I'm not sure how effective that's going to be..."

"It'll be fine!" Mirio turns his head back to look at his dark-haired friend. "You have your potato method, remember?"

Tamaki sighs. "I guess..."

"Great!" Without wasting another moment, Mirio didn't even bother opening the door. He just made his face permeable and stuck it through, appearing as a disembodied head to them. "I'm alive!"

He was greeted with various screams. Ah, how nostalgic.

"I TOLD YOU!" Bakugo shouted. "He likes to freak people out, the fu-!" The boy cut himself off with an irritated growl.

"Togata," Aizawa sighed, "Would you please just enter a door normally for once?"

"Never," Mirio laughed. "Alright then, who's ready for take two?"

Some of the students shuffled back to their seats, away from their friend's desks. Many of them were looking at him with no small amount of trepidation, eyeing him like he was about to keel over where he stood.

Which was ridiculous! Come on, guys, he hasn't done that in like, 24 hours. Ages ago!

Mirio walks up to the podium, surveying the class.

"Alright, so after our little fight on the training grounds, do you guys get the difference in skill between someone who's done the work studies and actually been out on the field?"

The class of 1-a nodded. Sero rubbed a bruise on his arm absent-mindedly. Mirio tried not to feel proud about that.

"Great, now that we've gotten that out of the way, any questions?"

The girl with the pink skin and the acid raised her hand almost immediately. "Yeah, what the heck was that disappearing and reappearing deal? Do you have two quirks or something?"

Mirio's face paled at an alarming rate. How did they know? I didn't even use One For All! Wait–did I? Did I use it while I was in One For All?

Not wanting to draw more suspicion to himself than he already apparently had, Mirio awkwardly laughed and said, "Two quirks? Me? Pshaw... That's not even possible! I mean, it's not like it was that out of the ordinary. Right? Right." Saved it.