Part 7

Aizawa woke up to the steady beating of a heart monitor. He blearily opened his eyes, widening them when he realized he was in the hospital. He didn't realize what he had done to get in the hospital, so he thought back. It was all fuzzy in his mind until he started to remember. The USJ... villains...

He bolted upwards, hissing at the pain in his... well... everything. The heart monitor started to beat more rapidly as he glanced around. He felt a hand close around his wrist and his gaze turned to Mic, who had his hair down. He looked relieved that Aizawa had woken up.

"Are the students okay?!"

Aizawa couldn't ask about anything else until he was sure that his students were okay. They were only on their third day of the hero course, so while they had plenty of potential, this was a villain attack. The possibility that they had gotten injured was high.

"Yes, they're all fine. There was nothing worse than a few cuts and bruises. You got the brunt of the injuries."

That's when Aizawa noticed the bandages covering almost every part of his body. He looked like some sort of sleep-deprived mummy. The bandages were all over his face, covering everything but his eyes. He didn't know how he didn't notice this immediately.

"Your arms were broken, and your head was slammed into the ground one or two times. There won't be any permanent damage, but the doctor recommends that you take some time to rest. Classes were canceled for today, to make sure all the students were okay."

Well, at least that was something. Aizawa was sure that if Izuku-sensei hadn't been there he would've been hurt a lot worse. Speaking of Izuku-sensei...

"What about Izuku-sensei? I saw him lunge toward that thing they called 'Nomu'."

Present Mic's face looked like he was looking at something in his mind, shuddering a bit at whatever he remembered. Knowing Izuku-sensei, that could be a good or bad thing. It was honestly a coin flip.

"Yeah.. uh... Izuku-sensei's fine. The uh... Nomu isn't."

Now that was terrifying. When Aizawa was fighting the Nomu, he was barely able to keep up when he was canceling its quirk... or quirks. He wasn't sure how Izuku-sensei was able to beat the Nomu since when he had started to fight it the villain leader had said that it had shock absorption. He said that even All Might's punches wouldn't have much effect. Whatever Izuku-sensei had done, he was sure it was brutal.

Hearing the door creak, they both turned their heads in the direction of the noise. Shinso was standing there, holding a hospital coffee in his hands. When he saw that Aizawa was awake he rushed over to the seat next to Mic as fast as he could. The coffee cup was set down on the table next to the two visitors, forgotten in the moment.

"Dad! Why are you sitting up? You should be lying down!"

Shinso was obviously distraught over his dad's bandaged state if he was willing to forget coffee. Aizawa and Shinso lived off of coffee. Sometimes at 3 in the morning, they would find themselves in the kitchen, making a pot of coffee. His husband didn't know how they functioned on so little sleep. Whenever he asked, Aizawa's answer was always, 'multiple naps'. Shinso was always suspiciously silent.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Shinso gently pressing down on his shoulders to lay him back in bed. He sighed, only flinching slightly as he did so. Mic and Shinso then spent the next several minutes fussing over him, hitting the call button to send a nurse in as they did so.

Honestly, Aizawa wasn't even hurt that bad. So what if the nurse said he had multiple fractured ribs, that his arms were broken, and that parts of his cheekbones had split...