17. kill, kill, kill

miles have went by since we left polis. i sat high on my horse while my army marched. we were close.
"heda look"
roan says to me, i look through the rocks and see a figure. my hand goes up in a fist to signal the warriors to stop
"(halt!)"
echo yells and the men yell too so everyone hears
"(they knew we were coming. they were warned)"
"octavia"
"(there's no way octavia survived my blade... or that fall)"
"(i wouldn't underestimate her echo) are you going to say something or just stand there staring?"
"we need to talk"
"little late for that"
roan says
"(archers! target her)"
she looks up causing me to trace where her eyes are going
"(my queen, my king)"
echo looks concerned as i see the green spots all over my body
"i'm gonna kill all of you"
i smile at her
"just wait til you see our surprise"
i nod my head at echo
"(bring the prisoners)"
she says, bellamy and kane drop down and their hoods get snatched from their heads
"10 minutes, that's all i ask"
i nod my head and dismount my horse
"wait. where's she going?"
echo ask as clarke turns and walks away
"guess i'll find out"
"what if it's a trap?"
"it is a trap. we're already in it"
roan says from on his horse. i follow clarke and the green dots follow me. eventually they stop
"heda is clear"
i hear echo say. clarke and i keep walking
"what did you want to talk about clarke?"
"we're allies aspen. what are we doing"
"you tell me. allies don't break their deals"
"i broke our deal? you nearly killed octavia. someone you seemed to care about. you're holding bellamy and our chancellor hostage. you marched an army here to do what, exactly?"
"make friendship bracelets maybe?"
"this is all just a joke to you"
"fine clarke, i was planning on killing every single last one of your people"
"why would you kill us when you know we're all going to die soon anyways?"
"so my people can have your ship. you know the one you're restoring to only save your people. the ship you were going to leave my people out of to die."
"that ship is a backup plan. it will hold a hundred people tops"
"then that's a hundred of my best people who live"
"hey. before you took him hostage, did kane tell you about the nightblood solution?"
"the solution that could overthrow me?"
"you are the commander, everyone knows that. you have to die to be for a next to ascend"
"not technically"
"i am doing everything i can to save all of us"
"you grieve for lexa, yet you learned nothing from her. she was trikru, but she rose above loyalty to clan. you tell yourself you have, too- the great wanheda, the commander of death who says she wants to save everyone yet builds a ship for herself, for her people"
"the nightblood solution will save everyone"
"are you trying to convince me or yourself?"
"it doesn't have to be like this"
"you made it this way. there's two choices here- you tell your shooters to stand down, give us your ship and use whatever time we have left to find your nightblood solution, or tell them to open fire"
"we have more bullets than you have men. you'll lose"
"you never know. but i do know we'll both take losses, bellamy and kane are right on the frontline"
"you think you can shake my resolve? i was willing to save my own mother to stop alie"
"and lexa killed the woman who raised me to help you. and then you got her killed"
she froze, not another word came out of her mouth
"war it is"
i turn to walk out
"wait. what if we share it?"
"i tried to make deals with you before, they never turn out good"
"we weren't going against you aspen"
"sure looked like it"
"i swear on lexa's life i've been doing right by you the whole time"
now im the one froze
"50 spots a piece. and this is only the backup plan. if one more thing seems sketchy to me i will kill everyone you care about"
"your people wanted war. can they live with this?"
"i'm the commander. i don't have to ask my people what they want. they do as i say. now the real question is, can your people live with this? they won't be happy about losing half of their seats"
"we don't need to be happy, we need to survive"
"if skaikru won't follow you, when time comes to close the door, azgeda will see that it gets done. i don't care who doesn't make it inside"
"let's hope it never comes to that"
she gets up to shake hands
"(we bind ourselves with blood)"
i take my knife out and cut my hand. then pass it to her and she repeats
"let's get back to our people"
she nods and we walk out. surprisingly we see bellamy and echo
"(my commander)"
she bows to me
"no one died today"
"and what are y'all doing out here?"
"nothing, heda. i just wanted to make sure you were okay"
"so i take it we're not at war?"
bellamy asks
"not yet"
"and the ship?"
"if we can't crack night blood we'll share arkadia, find a way for us to survive together"
and then a loud boom was heard, i see the terror on their faces
"it came from arkadia"
"let's go"

i got my army to the fronts gates only to see the ship going up in flames. echo, roan and i stand staring at the sky people running around. i see bellamy holding octavia. and then the rest of the ship fell straight down. everyone just stared for what felt like hours.
i'm about to kill somebody.