Hate, Remorse and Pride

"You were born to be worshipped."

That's what they always told me.

I will be their deity, their divinity, their God. But I won't be good. I won't be just or pure or loving. I will make them worship me in fear.

These humans. They are like a rock in my shoe, annoying, but always there, seeking my attention. There was a time where they could control me. A time in which I was afraid of them. Hah! At one point, I was even in love with someone. Oh, her, her.

Ella. She was my only love, my only weakness. But she could not keep her little mouth shut and just stay by my side. She had to go out there and betray me, all sad about the lie that I betrayed her and "broken her heart". Bullshit. Oh, humans, so emotional for no reason. If she had just stayed quiet maybe it all would end well, maybe I would still have my whole head. Because I am crazy, crazy with vengeance, but they made me like this.

I am a parasite on their planet. "You reap what you sow." First, the people of my home got what they searched for. We were too sure of ourselves, too confident in our magic, too prideful in our peace. It got to us. Look what happened. I am the sole survivor, the exemple of what happens when you are full of yourself. General Sanchez could also be mentioned as such. Though, I am the one who came for him. He got what he sowed. I made sure of that. General Sanchez was the worst human that one could come across. In Earth's time of war, he wanted to win. So, he used me. He was not the first or the last to do so, he was just the cruelest. I killed him too quickly, I should've made him suffer longer.

The next to be fascinated with my power were nicer. They helped me and I helped them back. I won the war for them, the civilians, "the people's army". I thought they would be different, that they would accept me in their community. Oh, how naïve I was, thinking humans would just accept me, an alien with Sun powers. They helped me, so, I will not destroy them. After all, I am immortal thanks to them. Still, I won their war with my magic, never showing aggressivity toward them, always being respectful to their ranks. When I ended their fight, when peace was brought back to earth, they became scared of me. They were afraid of my powers, of what I could do. They started to reject me, to take precautions, to imprison me, again. I was not gonna let that happen, not again, not ever.

So, I left, making a plan. I will not let myself be swayed by emotions, mere feelings. After all I had done for them, they dared to ignore and throw me away. This is what they sowed. My hate, my indignation, my dismay.

Ella went with them. Of course she did. Why would she with with the person who saved her life at multiple occasions, protected and defended her and loved her with all her heart? Of course she stayed with the humans. Humans. I despise them. These bugs, vultures, taking scraps from things any good opportunity for themselves. In a way, I'm just like them, well, now. Back then, I still was, I simply did not realize it because I was surrounded by people who were the same. I will make them realize their mistakes. I will squash their pride under my foot and rejoice at their remorse. I will make them treat me with respect, as their god, except I am real. I will show these ignorant creatures what it's like to be used for someone else's need, then I will discard them as someone would a used tissue. I will show them.

I was born to be worshipped.

And so I will be.