𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 . (pt. 2)

𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 . (pt. 2)

"𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙧"

★★

the rest of the crew had scattered, venturing out to scavenge for supplies. this left Mike, Max, and Danielle alone in the Byers' dining room. mike, was rummaging through the cabinets under the sink. Danielle sat beside Max, their fingers nimble as they taped together cardboard boxes. max looks at mike and hesitates before speaking.

"i get why el was your mage now." the redhead states, causing both mike and Danielle to quickly look at her.

"what?" mike replies.

"lucas, he told me all about her."

"yeah, well he shouldnt have."

"mike!!" danielle exclaims, pissed off at his attitude towards the girl.

"and just because you know the truth doesnt mean you're in our party. you do know that, right?" he states coldly before facing back towards the cabinets to continue his scavenging.

"yeah.. i know." max frowns, danielle rubs the girl on her shoulder reassuringly.

"i mean, why would you want a stupid zoomer in your party anyway?" max pauses.

"im just saying, el? she sounds like she was pretty awesome." she continues.

"yeah, she was." mike says, slamming the cabinets closed as he gathers what he took out.

"until that thing took her." he looks at max.

"just like it took bob." mike states before getting up and leaving the room.

"if it makes you feel any better, i think a zoomer would be pretty damn neat." danielle smiles and looks at max.

"why thank you." max smiles back and laughs softly before the two finish up with the boxes. danielle sighs before looking at the front door.

"mike?.. he'll come around. he just, needs time. he isnt so open anymore after what happened with el, you know?" she looks at the redhead. max shakes her head.

"no i, i get it." she replies.

~

the shed, once a forgotten relic in the woods, now stood transformed. cardboard, duct taped and layered, covered every inch. they'd worked tirelessly, sealing every crack and corner,
max, her face tight with anxiety, placed a chair in the center. the silence was broken only by the rustle of leaves as Jonathan emerged, Will limp in his arms. he laid him on the chair, unconscious. Danielle watched, a knot of dread in her stomach, as Jonathan secured will's hands and feet to a pole. joyce, loaded a syringe. everyone besides joyce, hopper, Jonathan, and mike made their way back to the byer's house. danielle sat against the wall next to her sister, nancy.