Turalann Joins

Sickle saw the first pack before Tann did. Sickle commented to Tann about it, and excitement lit Tann's eyes. Sickle felt a small pang in his chest. She was excited, and had completely forgotten how hard Sickle told her it would be.

"Hold up, Tann!" Turalann looked overhead as Sickle flew forth to the pack. Tann sat and waited patiently. Which pack was it? Which pack did she belong to? The McAngus, McNamaras? Hopefully it was the McDuncans! She'd heard that they were the best kind of Clan to be in. 

She soon noticed a figure loping toward her and saw Sickle flying away on the Horizon. Why was he leaving? Would she ever get to see him again? She would worry about that later, for now, a tawny wolf with a white patch of fur that covered nearly half her face came toward her.

Turalann was told by Sickle the submission rituals she was to perform. She sank down to her belly, paws reaching forward in a groveling manner before she shoved the side of her face into the dirt and flashed the whites of her eyes.

"I am Vura McNamara. Sickle tells me your name is Turalann. Come, I'll take you to our chieftain."

Slowly, Tann rose to her feet and followed Vura with her head and ears drooped while she kept her tail tucked between her legs tightly, as though fearing the tail was going to slip out of position. Many eyes looked over toward her curiously. Roloc forbid that the Namaras say that I belong to the McHeaths.

Tann stood before Namara McNamara now. Going through the submission rituals once again. Soon, Vura and Namara held a small conversation. Namara nodded solemnly.

"Tann!" Vura called. "Go with Budahine." The tawny wolf looked over toward a large, blue-grey male wolf.

Tann got up without word and silently followed Budahine, who shortly began to speak to Tann when they'd reached the edge of the pack and were headed off.

"I tend to remember a lot of things, Turalann. And one thing's for sure, I never forget the news of a malcadh when it spreads from pack to pack. Just last year, it was you. A week ago we had a pup who hadn't a much of a tongue to spare. Not only that, he was missing half his jaw!"

He looked back toward Tann who was taking in every word told to her. Then he continued walking.

"Anyway, as I was saying. You were born a year ago in the McDuff Clan. Thank Lupus It wasn't the McHeath, I'm not sure how long you'd last there." He chuckled. "The McDuff clan has one other malcadh by the name of Sleyt. I'm sure you two will get along perfectly. He will show you what you're to do."

The rest of the way was filled with an almost unbearable silence for Tann.