4

Alora sat on her bed reading the instructions on her project for chemistry. She sighed and pushed her papers to the bottom of her bed and looked up, locking eyes with Issac, who was sitting on her desk chair that he had turned around to face her.

"You have to finish that sometime, can't just keep putting it off." He said smiling at the girl. "Yes, I do have to finish it, but I can keep putting it off. I'll do it later." Alora explained, smiling back at him. He knew she wasn't going to do the assignment.

Alora stood up and pulled on her black converse, and grabbed a gray sweatshirt that was hanging up in her closet and put it on over her t-shirt. "Is that mine?" Issac asked, motioning with his hands at the sweatshirt she put on. "No." Alora responded, walking out of her room.

It was his sweatshirt. Was she going to tell him that? No. Issac laughed and got up to follow her. "Where are we going?" He asked, picking up his pace to catch up with her down the stairs.

"I'm starving, need food." Alora groaned dramatically. "Okay." He said quietly, nodding. "Hey." Alora said aloud to her mom and sister who were sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hi, hi." Her mom said, once to Alora and once to Issac. Rory gave a small smile to her sister and her sister's friend and went back to drinking her coffee.

"Hi" Issac said as he stood in the doorway, not wanting to walk into the kitchen. Alora gave him a weird look but just went back to looking in the fridge.

Alora picked up the strawberries, looked at them for a second and then put them back in the fridge. She decided she wanted chips, not fruit. "Why do we even have these?" Alora said to herself as she closed the fridge door.

She thought she said it quietly, but Lorelai heard her. "Have what?" She asked turned around in her seat, looking at her youngest daughter. "Strawberries." Alora answered as she opened the cupboard and grabbed a bag of potato chips.

"I didn't know we had them. I don't know how they got in there. Are you eating chips?" She asked in disbelief staring at her daughter who usually eats healthy. Alora looked at her and put the bag back and turned to walk out of the room.

"Lora that's not what I meant, I just never see you eating chips!" Lorelai called out, getting up to walk after her daughter, not meaning to hurt her feelings.

"No it's fine. I just realized I'm not hungry." Alora answered, grabbing Issac's arm and walking to the front door. He followed her immediately. "We're gonna go shopping, is that fine?" She said in a question, but meant it in a statement.

"Yeah sure hun, have fun." Lorelei said, looking at Alora and then turning back to Rory before filling her coffee cup.

"I don't think she meant anything by that, Lor." Issac said as they walked. "No I know, i just didn't feel like continuing that conversation. And don't call me that, it's what Chris calls mom." Alora explained.

"Oh, sorry." Issac apologized quietly, staring at the ground as they walked. "Not your fault, just letting you know." She said as she held on to his arm.

They weren't actually going shopping, Alora just made that excuse because she didn't know what they were gonna do today yet. They passed Rory's best friend and her mother, Mrs. Kim.

"Hi Lane!" Alora said as she smiled brightly at the girl, and her mother. "Hey!" She said back excitedly as she hugged Alora. "Alora." Mrs. Kim nodded at the girl, to which Alora smiled back.

They stood there for a few minutes talking, Mrs Kim saying something about how Alora shouldn't be hanging out with boys, referring to Issac. Once they continued walking, Issac and Alora looked at each other and laughed.

"That was insane" Issac laughed. "She means well. I think." Alora giggled. They made small talk on their way to Luke's diner, where they sat down at the counter.

     "Hey Alora, menus or you know what you want?" Luke asked as he got the two teenagers mugs. He poured them both tea, after asking if that's what Issac wanted too. "You want a menu?" Alora asked her friend. He shook his head.

     "Can I have a piece of raspberry pie?" Issac asked Luke, to which he said yeah and took a small plate from under the counter. "Oh me too, I want raspberry pie." Alora agreed, thinking it sounded good.

     "Alright, hold on." Luke said as he got another plate and walked over to the pie to get their slices.

     The two talked while they ate their pie and drank their tea. Unexpectedly, Emma ran inside after seeing them through the window and sat down next to Issac.

     "Guess what- cheese fries please" Emma said as she sat down, turning her attention to Luke as he nodded, and then back to her friends. "I was at the grocery store and Kirk knocked down a whole entire isle" she continued, laughing.

     "What? How does that even happen?" Alora asked laughing with her friends. "Him and Taylor were fighting over something in a bag, and they were pulling it back and forth until Taylor lost his grip and sent Kirk flying into the shelves, making them fall over!" Emma continued, barely getting the words out from laughing.

     "Nobody likes a gossiper." Kirk said, making the kids jump from not knowing he was standing there. They all looked at him and started laughing more.

     "Here you go." Luke said handing Emma her fries she ordered, and handing Alora and Issac's check to them. "Thanks" the girls said in unison.

     The three sat there and talked for a while, before paying and then getting up to walk out. Lorelai walked in as they were about to leave, and smiled at her daughter.

     "Hey I didn't know you were here." She said as she hugged her. "We were just leaving. Where's Rory?" Alora asked, pulling away from the hug.

     "I think with Lane." Lorelai answered. Alora didn't think she was with Lane, just because the other day she saw her with the new boy from Stars Hallow High. " 'Kay, bye mom" Alora said as she pushed her way through her friends to leave, them following her.

     "Bye kid, see you later." Lorelai said, sounding a little sad. The 3 kids started walking down the street. "What's up with you guys?" Emma asked, talking about Alora and her mom.

     "Nothing, why?" Alora asked confused, looking at her friend. "You just seemed like you didn't want to talk to her, you usually always want to." Emma continued.

     Alora shrugged. "I'm just tired I guess. I didn't want to just stand there." She defended, knowing that she did rush that conversation. Emma nodded, before saying they should go in the book store.

     They went in the book store just to look around and talk. Nobody bought anything, they weren't into reading much anyway.

     They walked together to drop Issac off at his house, and then Emma and Alora walked to Emma's house. "Bye, see you at school tomorrow." Emma said as she hugged her best friend. "Bye em" Alora said pulling away from the hug and waving as Emma walked inside.

     As Alora arrived home she just sat on the outdoor couch thinking. She laid down looking at the sky, it was pretty clear so she could see a lot of stars. She then heard someone open the front door and she sat up looking to see who it was.

     "Mom?" She asked, as she saw her mother walking down the porch steps. "Lora, where have you been? I was going to look for you." Lorelai said as she walked back onto the porch, over to her daughter.

     "Ive been here, what's wrong?" She asked, pulling her knees to her chest so her mom could sit down, which she did. "Nothings wrong, I just didn't know where you were. Sorry." Her mom said as she put her hand on her knee.

     Alora nodded before saying she was tired and going to bed. Lorelai nodded, "goodnight." She said smiling at her daughter. "Night" Alora added before going inside.

Short chapter, sorry I haven't updated in a while ive been busy and haven't really had motivation for this story, but I'm going to try to update at least once or twice a week. Hope you had a good Easter!  -Kinsey