3

It was Friday night, again. Alora's grandparents were talking about Rory, again. They had asked her about school, something they never to Alora.

     "Rory, hows Chilton?" Emily Gilmore had asked. Lorelai looked surprised and made a half snarky remark about her moving on from their conversation. Alora rolled her eyes and just thought that for once she wished her mom would just let things as simple as that go.

     They continued to talk about Rory having to pick a sport to play. Until their grandfather said, "Physical fitness is as important as intellectual fitness. So says Plato, and so say I."

     Everyone just looked at him and Alora expressed a small upside-down smile at him and went back to poking her dinner with her fork out of boredom.

     "Well what sport are you going to pick?" Their grandmother asked Rory. "I'm not sure, I'm not really the athletic type." Rory answered.

     Alora looked down and tried to hide her smile as she thought about when she tried to teach her sister how to play volleyball, let's just say it didn't end well.

     Lora zoned out thinking about how long was left until she could leave. Her mother and grandmother getting up from the table brought her attention back.

     "Whats going on?" She asked Rory. "I'm going golfing with grandpa." Rory answered as she smiled at her sister who could tell it was fake. Alora nodded slowly and looked between her sister and grandfather before getting up and pushing in her chair.

     I am going to the restroom." She announced as she quickly walked out of the room and past her mother and grandmother arguing about something, she guessed about Rory going golfing, and locked herself in the bathroom.

     Nothing was wrong, she just didn't feel like being in that room, at that table, with those people right in that moment. After about 8 minutes she came back into the room.

     As she sat down, nobody looked at her and just kept talking. Except her sister, who looked at her with an angry expression on her face. She guessed it was because she left her there with their grandfather and she mouthed 'sorry'.

     Alora had been sleeping when her sister came into her room in the middle of the night. "Lora. Lora" Rory whispered as she slightly shook her sister.

     She woke up after Rory repeated that a few times, only to look over at her clock in disbelief. "Rory it's 2:30, what could you possibly need at 2:30 in the morning." Alora said as she turned on the lamp on her bedside table.

     "Please come with me to the club. I can't go alone, I simply won't live through it." Rory dramatically begged. Alora usually loved her sister, but in this moment in time she thought she was the most annoying person to exist.

     "I told you last night I'm not going with you, plus I wasn't even invited." Alora said as she looked at her sister sympathetically. "I'm inviting you now!" Rory said in response, slightly raising her voice.

     "Fine!" Alora said as she turned over to face the wall. Rory's face lit up and she grabbed her sisters hand. "Thank you, thank you." Rory whispered to her sister as she got up and left her room.

     The twins walked up to their grandparents front door the next morning. Alora checked her watch, it read 8:29. She thought it was entirely to early to be awake on the weekend but she didn't say anything.

     "Ready?" Rory asked. "Ready." Alora mumbled, dreading going inside. They stood side by side and Rory reached forward and rang the doorbell.

     "Hi, sorry we're late." Rory apologized to their grandmother when she opened the door. "Nonsense. You're right on time!" Emily said happily, and then a confused look crossed her face. "We?" she questioned as she opened the door more and saw her other granddaughter standing there.