The C-rank

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.

I OWN ALL THE OCs in this story.

This work is my own work and cannot be published by someone else without my consent.

Chapter 11

The Genin Days Pt.2:

The C-rank

The self-proclaimed super pervert of the hidden leaf looked down proudly at his brats. It has been one month since 'Team Jiraiya' officially began. During that time, they had been completing D-ranks and training on alternate days.

The Professor had eventually caught on to the fact that the entire Team Jiraiya, including the sensei himself, was using shadow clones for the D-ranks. However, he decided not to say anything. After all, the missions were being completed and the experience did get transferred to the original.

In the training part, the trio was very happy at the fact that their progress had sped up training under the toad sage.

Naruto was making good progress in his Doton manipulation. Jiraiya had helped him through the first step, which he recently completed. If things continue as such, he will have complete control over Doton by the next four to five months.

On the other hand, Minato and Kushina had started level 9 of fuinjutsu. As levels 9 and 10 contained the space-time section of fuinjutsu, Minato, along with the Uzumaki siblings, had finally started their work on the Hiraishin.

When Jiraiya heard that his students were planning to recreate the famed Hiraishin, he was flabbergasted. Mastering that jutsu was arduous, and recreating it was nearly impossible. He could have shared the Nidaime's notes with his team, but in the end, he chose not to.

By letting them attempt it on their own, it would surely boost their already strong teamwork, and if they managed to achieve the impossible and recreate the jutsu, then he would be assured that Minato was truly deserving of such power.

He briefly wondered the extent of Minato's Seikakuna Kanpeki's prowess. No doubt, Hiraishin required a very strong body. Even the Nidaime could not use it consecutively. For Minato to effectively use such a jutsu, he would need to have a very strong and developed Seikakuna Kanpeki.

Leaving that aside, Jiraiya settled his gaze on the third student. Kushina had taken a liking to barrier seals and seals regarding chakra absorption. She planned to create a seal that could absorb and redirect any ninjutsu, making her completely immune to ninjutsu in the battlefield. Naruto and Minato had offered their help, but she stubbornly refused, declaring that she could do it on her own.

—X—X—X—

"Team Jiraiya reporting. We would like to request a C-rank mission."

"Hmm. About time." said the professor as he began to go through the mission scrolls at his desk. He was pleased that the team could finally go out for C-ranks.

After all, Team Jiraiya was the next big project of Konoha after Team Hiruzen and Team Tobirama. Such projects were made by the leaf once in a couple decades, for the young leaflings who had the potential to be the next face of Konoha's military. Sure, it might seem a little inhuman to treat children as projects, but...

...when it comes to the survival and development of the village, morals sometimes take the backseat.

"Alright. We have received a request for the elimination of a bandit camp. The location and suspected details are on the scroll. Your job is to eliminate each and every one of them and recover the looted items and money. In return, you are supposed to bring back 5% of the recovered assets."