| CHAPTER THIRTEEN |

On the Saturday morning of the Hogsmeade trip, Sarai bid good-bye to Dean and Seamus, both with lists in hand as well as a handful of coins she could scrounge up. She had sent them on a mission to get her Christmas shopping done for her. Unfortunately, Remus was not able to take her to Hogsmeade that weekend so she was left behind once again. She felt slightly less bitter about the ordeal when the other students had left for the carriages and left her, and a sulking Harry at the bottom of the marble stair-case. She shot him a half smile,
"You too, huh?" She asked making a light conversation as they started heading back towards the Gryffindor Tower. Snow had started to fall outside the windows, while the castle gave off the aura of stillness and quiet.
"Yeah, my aunt and uncle never signed my form." He mumbled quietly as they turned half-way along the third-floor corridor.
"PSST--Harry!"
The pair saw Fred and George peering out at them from behind a statue of a humpbacked, on-eyed witch. Sarai looked at them bewildered, before also bidding Harry good-bye. She could tell when her presence wasn't wanted,
"See you at dinner."
     Without giving him a chance to speak she turned back around and made her way back down the marble staircase. Suddenly in the mood for a hot chocolate, she made her way to the Entrance Hall and took the staircase going downwards. She figured it would be a good chance for her to check in on Snuffles, and bring him one of her jumpers to keep warm in.
       As Sarai made her way down to the kitchens, she wondered what would happen to Snuffles come summer time. She really hoped he wouldn't have to suffer through the break alone. But realistically, she had no clue whether she would be able to convince Remus to let her keep a pet dog. Especially when it was a lot of work to take care of one. And especially a lot of money.
      Lost in her thoughts as she approached the brightly lit painting of the bowl of fruit. Sarai tickled the pear, mimicking the actions Michael had shown her once before. The pear giggled and a large green door handle popped out, revealing the entrance to the kitchens. She swung the portrait door open and stepped inside.
"Hi. Miss Sarai!" exclaimed a small squeaky voice.
    Sarai turned to her left to see Bilm, a house-elf smiling up at her with big beady blue eyes. Sarai smiled down at the short little creature.
"Hullo, Bilm." Sarai greeted warmly, "Having a good morning are you?"
     He nodded enthusiastically, "Oh, yes, Professor Dumbly-dore gave us lots to do!" The house-elves at Hogwarts loved their jobs, and were often excited to do work. "is there something I can do for you Miss Sarai?" He asked.
       Sarai quickly asked for a few items she thought would prove useful for Snuffles and Bilm set off. Not before getting her a large steaming mug of Hot chocolate to drink while she waited. She nursed her drink happily, as the warmth spread across her body.    The winter air around the castle lately had been bone chilling, so any chance she got for a hot chocolate she'd take. Her love for chocolate was undoubtedly inherited from Remus. While she waited she glanced around the large room. It was like an exact replica of the Great Hall right above her. There were four giant wooden tables where rows of empty silverware rested, ready to be set for lunch and dinner for the evening. She gazed dreamily as she imagined the feast for that evening to be exquisite.
     "Geez," A voice said interrupting her thoughts. Her head snapped up to see Blaise standing in front of her looking annoyed, "We can't have one good thing in this castle before its overrun by Gryffindors can we?"
    Sarai narrowed her brows, a frown replaced the smile she once had, "What is that supposed to mean?"
     Blaise rolled his eyes at her, as he ran a hand through his wavy dark locks pushing them away from his eyes. "Oh please, McLupin, don't act like you don't know." He said, while leaning against the table. His eyes flitted to her half-drunken mug of hot chocolate, "This is the only nice place besides the Slytherin common-room that isn't constantly overrun by your housemates and their obnoxiously loud attitude."
    Sarai scowled at him, not appreciating the emphasis of her last name. "It's McKinnon." She snapped, "Not Lupin, not McLupin, it's McKinnon. Get. It. Right." She folded her arms in front of her chest. "And I don't know what you're talking about, but you're the only one making noise around here."
     Blaise snorted, "It's the same thing. I don't understand why your knickers are in a twist about it." He said. He went to speak again but was interrupted by a house elf also bringing him two mugs of hot chocolate. Sarai noticed there was something bobbing in the liquid of one of the mugs. He took a sip out of the one with the bobbing object, before Blaise murmured a quiet 'Thank you' to the house-elf.
"What's that?"
"Hot chocolate." Blaise said in an slow condescending tone.
     Sarai glared at him, "I meant what's in it?" She demanded, irritated with the pretention in his voice.
    He grinned at her. The more irritated Sarai got with Blaise, the more it seemed to amuse him. "Cinnamon." He answered finally, "its much better than just boring plain hot chocolate." He said pointedly looking at her mug.
      Sarai defensively cupped her mug with her hands as she gave him a dirty look. Before she could respond he started walking towards the other end of the hall, "Oh and McLupin," He called over his shoulder, "Don't go bringing the rest of your lousy house-mates here. We all like the peace and quiet here, let's keep it that way."
   He gave her a wink before exiting the kitchens through the portrait hole. Sarai was left fuming. She hated the condescension the Slytherin had in his voice every time he spoke to her.