| Chapter Two |

"Dad?" Sarai called out to the closed bedroom door. She tapped on it lightly before speaking, "can I come in?"

   There was a slight whimpering noise that she could just barely hear before a quiet "yes" could be heard. The thirteen year old, softly opened the door to her uncles room revealing a dark messy area. The books on his dresser were now scattered over the floor and torn up. She could see dried blood over the floor as she looked up at her uncle.

   The tray she was carrying with tea, bandages, and chocolate. Lots of chocolate was placed gently on the dresser before she rushed over to her uncles side. He was propped up against the wall sitting next to his bed.

"Are you hurt badly?" She asked worriedly, scanning his face at all the scratches and bruises that were self inflicted.

   He shook his head, before grimacing. "Tired, mostly." He whispered. "Headache."

     Sarai helped her uncle up onto the small arm chair. "I made tea." She said before bringing over the tray of goods.

   She hated seeing her uncle in so much pain. She hated the full moons. But the pair have fallen into a sort of ritual. She spent the weekend with Grandpa Lyall, He disappears for a few days to Merlin knows where before he transforms, and then he comes back beaten and battered to where Sarai helps clean him up. It had taken Sarai years to figure out that her Dad was a werewolf, but suddenly it had all made sense. Why he was Ill every month, why he kept stressing over Sarai and the two never staying in one place for too long. Why he couldn't hold down a job for too terribly long. Sarai hated the entire situation and always wished she'd been able to do something more for him.

  She slowly started bandaging the open cuts as he sipped his tea. A quiet thank you was murmured in between sips.

   "Merlin, it sucks having a full moon so close to term. Are you sure you're going to be okay to travel? We can floo into hogsmeade, you know."

   Remus waved her off, "I'm okay, really. Dumbledore was able to get me some wolfsbane, it really wasn't as bad as it has been. Plus Seamus and Dean will be looking for you."

   Sarai smiled softly. The past two years, she hated leaving her dad alone while she was away at school. Him being invited on as a professor would really help her keep an eye on him and his health.

  So Sarai finished bandaging him up, and Remus finished his tea. She yawned before speaking up,

   "You desperately need a shower, and I desperately need a nap. I have everything packed and ready to go. Wake me up when it's time to leave."

    Remus looked up at her, "You didn't sleep again?  You realize staying awake during full moons doesn't do anything but cause you more misery."  He reminded her gently.

    "Do you realize, that I just can't sleep when I know you're already in misery?" Sarai countered. "Trust me father moon-moon,  I'd love to sleep. It just doesn't happen."

    Remus smiled at the name. Since Sarai found out the truth about her uncle, she took any chance she could to find creative names to lighten the mood. Some of them however, not so endearing.

  "When we're at Hogwarts, you're not going to be able to call me those names anymore. It's professor." Remus reminded her.

   "Well of course not Professor Moonpie. That would be absurd."