aftermath

PRAKRITI PURNIMA

His phone rings and we part away, coming in senses our body still tangled. His lips hovering mine like controlling himself is so hard for him.

His eyes searching in mine so much as he wants to know what's going inside me. I remain silent, my lashes lower not able to look at his. His phone rings again bringing us out of this beautiful dream. He put me down from desk. His hand smoothen my blouse  than form fist before leaving me.

As he moves to pick the call, i immediately miss his touch on my body.
"Yes my baby, how are you. Papa misses you so much." A small smile form on my lips as i see him talking with his daughter. Which later lands me in the pit of reality. My broken self does not fit in his perfect family. He have a daughter who he loves to his heart and he probably need a caring mother and wife rather than a woman who don't have anything except work in her life.

I starts to arrange papers, these annoying tears again filled my eyes. But i won't let them fall because i shouldn't be sad over a dream.

I look up. His hair dishevel, shirt have crease marks. If i look closely i can see  lipstick stain near his mouth. An awkward air fill up our space. He part his lips to say but nothing come out.

"It's late, we should leave. Even Sweety must be waiting for you." I say  avoiding any talk  over the issue.
"She is at her grandparent's home." He clears. I nod in understanding.

Our way to the parking is silent. Everyone has already left and didn't utter a word. As i hold my car door i hear him "Can i drop you home?" A sarcastic laugh erupt inside me on his use of home. My apartment is anything but home. Wise decision would be to decline his offer which i haven't made in a while.

So here, i am on his passanger seat. Suffocating silence again hovers us. He breaks it "we need to complete the design within this week because i have to visit my parents as Sweety's summer vacation are also going to end soon."

"Ooh, no problem. We have done a good portion today. It will be complete within week." I blur, to which he immediately give side eye to me. Than i revisit my statement in mind.

Fuckkkk, 

It can mean differently.

Did he thought about our kiss, why he think that.

I take a breath to calm my expression.
I look out of window, cold air hit my face, hair flowing with it.

It comes to halt and i realise i have reach my building. It is a seventeen floor store own by my family. It doesn't have any warmth like Raghav's home had. It's just brick and cement for me.
Car door get opened by him. I look at him looking at me. His eyes showing something which must be illusion because there is no other explanation of him wanting me not to leave.

I step out. And walk inside without turning even for once. I enter the elevator and reach my door. I switch on my apartment's lights, stand in front of window knowing he is still standing beside his audi waiting to ensure my safety. He do this every time when drop me home during our late night work.

I close my eyes. I never thought about it earlier but now i wonder 'does he wait for every woman he drop home, give her his hand to hold when she walk down stair, always there when she needs him, look at her with those eyes like he do for me'. My heart drop at such thought. I know i don't have any right on this but still selfishly i want to be the only woman he treats this way.

************************************

RAGHAV KRISHNAN

I look at the woman with black luscious hair through the glass of her chamber, grey  sparkles her brown tone. A smile flash on her face as she open the tiffin and saw jalebi with kachori. Now she will devour first bite of jalebi, blink her lashes and a sweet moan of her will be heard than look at Narath as comment 'soo goodd, it's not too sweet. Just perfect'. She do as predicted.

(Jalebi- indian sweet, kachori- indian snack.)

I walk away as staring at someone eating is not something I should be doing on work place. Kavita, my secretary telling me today's schedule on my way to meeting with managers of all departments which i conduct every interval of three days to check the minute growth and workload so i could shift the manpower with account of requirement.

I take my chair in the conference room than everyone takes their respective position. Managers start to present data of their department, things are pretty good going and if it continues we will be breaking another record of profit. Also when school project will be ours than we will be top Asian company in this industry.

Fuck

Why does everyone and everything just remind me of that fucking moment. How much i try to keep it in back of my mind, the more flash backs i get. Her plump lips on mine giving me taste of heaven. Those hands holding my shoulders making me go crazy over her again and mine roam all the places trying to claim more and more of her body and mind.

Have you ever had the morning dream, where you were surrounded by every happiness you ever wanted and suddenly your alarm rings, you wake up with the smile and hope that one day it can become real and sleep with acceptance that it can only be dream . That dream is what you can her for me.

Every time i close eyes, i can live the dream and when i open it everything I dream of is present here but not mine.

"Raghav sir, would you help me with this issue."
I heard and realize everyone have finished presentation. I look at a girl standing. i recognise her, she is our newly joined sales manager. I smile is plastered on her. This makes pain my head as i read her expressions. She has misunderstood my guidance i had given her as senior. Our old employees knows that i only try to work with smile but it shouldn't cross limit. Guess what, i would have to make myself clear one more time.

"Miss, i don't think, i have allowed you to call me by my first name and if you need help than your first approach should be your direct senior. Do i have to teach work manners to everybody now." My voice echoes in the silence. Me raising voice is not common in the company but they know i can be sweet as suger as well as cold as ice. I might be harsh on her but it's necessary to make myself clear before any more misunderstanding could arise.

I dismiss the meeting and went to my office, calling Sweety. She pick up.
"I think somebody is so busy to miss papa." I accuse her for not calling from morning.

She giggle as she says
"ohh papa, you should be happy because you are getting. more time for your work and WORK."
my lips tilt in half smile at her teasing.

"Don't you think you are being too naughty."

"Nahh"

"Did you eat?"

"I am going to be fat, grandma overfeeds.  Wait, i am passing phone to her." Before she could do that, i said bye and placed my phone on my desk.
Sweety has been trying very hard to mend relationships between me and my parents. And my self loath just increase inches as every time i see  my little soul been sad over our issues.

**
I was working on the practical implementation of our ideas on school than i notice Nathan entering my chamber, his eyes shows glimpse of contradiction in place of firm determination which he usually carry.   

"What brings you here" I asked, my gaze fixed on my laptop.

"You should tell her"

I look up, my eyes darken at mere thought of it.
"Okay," I say, trying not snap.

"You won't be able to hide it for lifetime."

"Anything else"

"You are not understanding... "

"Anything Else" My tone harsher than intended.

"No" He say, realising i am not going to do that shit he wants me to do.

"You can leave" He nod and left the place.

,