Midnight Comfort

Period comfort upcoming.

—————
Taylor lay awake in bed, her body tangled in twisted sheets, bathed in the pale moonlight streaming through the window. The night was heavy with silence, broken only by the rhythmic ticking of the old clock on the bedside table. She shifted uncomfortably, feeling the familiar ache in her abdomen intensify with each passing minute. The dull throbbing was accompanied by a sharp, stabbing pain, radiating from her lower back.

Rolling onto her side, Taylor winced as she felt the dampness beneath her. Her heart sank as she realized what had happened – her period had arrived unexpectedly, staining the pristine sheets crimson. Panic and frustration washed over her in waves, mingling with the relentless cramps that seemed to tighten their grip on her with every breath.

She tried to swallow the lump forming in her throat, but the tears came anyway, hot and relentless. Curling into a ball, she buried her face in the pillow, muffling the sobs that threatened to escape.

Through blurred vision, she saw Travis, her boyfriend, stirring from his slumber, his brow furrowing in concern as he registered her distress. He reached out a tentative hand, brushing her hair back from her tear-streaked face.

"Tay? What's wrong?" His voice was groggy with sleep, but filled with genuine concern.

Taylor's heart clenched at the sound of his voice, a mixture of guilt and longing washing over her. She wanted nothing more than to confide in him, to share her pain and vulnerability. But the words caught in her throat, swallowed up by fear and shame.

"It's nothing, Travis," she whispered, forcing a shaky smile onto her lips. "Just go back to sleep, okay? I'll be fine."

Travis studied her for a moment, his gaze searching hers for any hint of deception. But Taylor had become adept at masking her true emotions, burying them beneath layers of false bravado. With a resigned sigh, Travis's voice
pierced through the thick veil of Taylor's despair. "Are you sure?" he asked again, his eyes screaming for any sign of the truth.

Taylor's facade crumbled beneath the weight of his gaze, and she felt the tears welling up once more, threatening to spill over. She nodded, unable to trust her voice to speak the lie aloud. But Travis wasn't convinced, his intuition sensing that her current feelings ran deeper than what she was letting on.

Before Taylor could protest, Travis's hand brushed against the dampness of the sheets, his brow furrowing in confusion. "What's this?" he asked softly, his eyes widening in realisation as he glanced back at Taylor.

Unable to bear the weight of his scrutiny any longer, Taylor broke down completely, the floodgates of her emotions bursting open. She sobbed uncontrollably, the tears flowing freely down her cheeks as she buried her face in her hands, unable to face the shame and embarrassment that threatened to consume her.

Travis's heart ached at the sight of her pain, his own sense of helplessness magnified tenfold. He wrapped his arms around her trembling form, pulling her close in a gesture of comfort. "Hey, it's okay," he whispered soothingly, his voice gentle as to not upset her anymore. "You don't have to hide from me, Tay. I'm here for you, no matter what."

Taylor clung to him desperately, her tears soaking into the fabric of his shirt as she allowed herself to be carried away by the tide of emotion. She wanted him close, she wanted him to hold her and whisper sweet nothings, but the fear of rejection still held her back. No guy would want to deal with the disastrous state her body had left her in tonight. However, Travis wasn't any old guy.

Sensing her reluctance, Travis gently guided her towards the bathroom, his touch a silent reassurance of his unwavering support. Taylor allowed herself to be led, her steps unsteady as she stumbled forward, her mind clouded by a haze of tears and confusion.