-Pt.6-

Alex was playing Lauren one of their new songs - 'I Wanna Be Yours'. Whilst he knew he was singing it about her the lyrics originally came from a poem, one of Alex's inspirations John Copper Clarke, so he knew she'd never be able to tell.

     They were sat on Lauren's sofa, she was sat crossed legged as she listened - he had connected his phone to one of her speakers. He watched her in anticipation, her head swayed along and he could tell she was intently listening to the lyrics.

     When it was finished she smiled a wide Cheshire Cat grin, "Alexander!", She complained using the names that they now had for each other - she could see him cringe at the name, "This song is so good, you've got to be fucking kidding me."

     He smiled at her reaction, almost shyly. Lauren looked so happy. He wondered if she would still like it if she knew it was about her.

      "Will you play it again?" She asked and he did. His voice filling the living room once more. This time she could just enjoy the rhythm as she tapped her fingers on her leg. When it finished for the second time she smiled at him and said, "This is my new favourite song."

     It seemed like Alex's world revolved around Lauren - his tonights consisted of her, if she was going out he'd be there, if she asked him to do something he'd do it. It felt like ever since he had tried to kiss her Lauren had been extra flirty - a cruel mind game of teasing him. He could've just been imagining things but he was sure that her eyes would linger on his for a moment longer than usual.

     Her had told her he'd take her to the bar they were meeting at since she mentioned taking a taxi. He wasn't in the mood to drink anyway. Since it was now September the sun began to set earlier. Lauren sat in the passenger seat - badly singing along to the radio as she bobbed her head - the sun setting behind her. She blocked the sun but Alex was more focused on the way the light shone from behind her, igniting her in a haze of gold.

    Lauren had enjoyed taking rides in Alex's mustang convertible. Her and Alex had been using it to go for rides so they could have intimate talking sessions. Alex had woken her up multiple times just to talk to her, they had a routine, they would drive to the park, stay there for a while, then drive back. As friends of course.

    Lauren had spent most of her free time talking to Alex. They would usually call or walk together after going out with their friends. Alex fell harder and harder every time they hung out, that was undeniable.

     Lauren liked Miles a lot - she felt that they were quite similar in the fact that they were extroverted and slightly hyper and it was extremely easy to talk to him. He gave her a hug and she sat down next to him. They began a conversation but it didn't last long because Katie and Hayley were dragging Lauren to the bathroom.

     When neither of them went to actually use the toilet Lauren looked at them with furrowed brows, "Are we just standing in here for fun?" She joked though with the slight possibility of that actually being the case she looked at them wearily.

    "Don't you find it a bit weird, all these girls going up to Alex?" Hayley asked, fixing her makeup.
    "Me personally, I don't mind it, whatever he wants. He seams to be enjoying the attention." Lauren replied half truthfully. Of course she had grown to enjoy Alex's attention being on her but that didn't mean anything romantically, she didn't even fully understand her feelings towards him.
    "I just find it gross." Katie added. "Looks much better with you." She muttered under her breath.
    "He isn't even doing anything, what's wrong with you guys?"
   "Nothing." Hayley sighed, as she lead Lauren and Katie out of the restroom.

     It was very distracting, all the girls. Lauren seemed to notice it more after Katie and Hayley pointed it out. As a result Lauren had gotten ridiculously drunk - she hadn't planned on it and was already regretting it. Alex helped her walk to his car as she stumbled next to him leaning into his side for stability whilst he wrapped his arm around her. Nick walked behind them, "Is she alright?" He asked and Alex looked down at Lauren and nodded
.
     They both helped Lauren into the passenger seat whilst Lauren giggled to herself at her imaginary jokes. "Oh shit!" She gasped, "I forgot my coat."