Chapter 5: Rescue (part two)

He then heard a tiny voice in his mind that said, Jared?

---

Isabelle felt hope flood through her body once again hearing Jared's voice in her head. Jared! She said more loudly and hopefully.

I'm coming baby, don't worry. Isabelle heard in her mind and she sighed in relief, that was until Mike forcefully picked her up off the ground and slammed her into a tree.

"Thought you could run away did you?" Mike said in her ear before letting out a wicked laughed, "well think again. I'm going to teach you a lesson right here right now and I may let anyone else that happens to show up do it. So you're in for a long few days, especially since most here have a lot of pent up anger and haven't had release in a long time in some female." His words scent fear running down to her core and she stood frozen, not able to move. Isabelle couldn't move even if she wanted to. Her hands were tied behind her back and he kept her pinned to the tree. Mike quickly picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. She cried out as tears raced down her face. Jared! she screamed out.

Something the crashed out from the bushes and a ferocious growl rang out through the clearing. Mike turned his head around to look at the wolf that had came. He then suddenly burst out laughing, "well, hello there pup. Come to rescue your mate have we? As you can tell, you're too late for that."

Isabelle was able to turn her head slightly look over to see Jared was standing there in his black wolf form. She begged him to help her with her eyes. He glanced towards her before growling at Mike.

"Now now," Mike said, "that's no way to talk to someone who has your mate and could kill them anytime they want. Or just give them more pain. Now be a good dog and stay there or else I'll have just have to kill her."

He quickly started walking away with her over his shoulder and she cried out for Jared to come and help her as tears streamed down her face. Her little baby bump at least protected at the moment.

Isabelle fell down to the forest floor suddenly, landing on her back in a daze. She struggled to get up, a world of pain on her back. She slowly sat up and looked up at Jared, hoping he was okay. What she saw terrified her, just as Jared was attacking Mike, two other rouges came and pinned Jared down, holding him back from attacking Mike.

She looked away only for a moment to make sure that no other rouges were around her before turning her attention back to Jared. What she saw puzzled her. Mike was gone and the two wolves holding Jared were looking around confused also. Jared growled and burst out of their restraints, killing one of the wolves instantly before turning to the other one. Just as he was about to jump out at it, another wolf came crashing through the bushes, a white wolf, and attacking the other rouge. They exchanged glances for a moment and Jared nodded towards it before running towards her, changing in the process, and picking her up gently, cradling her in his lap and rocking back and forth.

Isabelle cried and clung to his shirt as two other wolves came through the bushes and attacking other wolves that Isabelle had not known about. Jared kept whispering things in her ear, trying to calm her down.

"G-get me out of here," Isabelle cried, not wanting to go back.

"Shh baby," Jared whispered to her as he brushed some hair out of her face, "I'm so sorry I couldn't get here sooner. I wish I could've. You have to know that."

"I know," Isabelle said softly, "just take me home."

"I will," Jared answered before he stood up with her in his arms and started to walk home.

Isabelle started fading out but the last thought that crossed her mind was, I need to tell Jared about the baby.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! She's rescued! What do you think Jared's going to react when he finds out she's pregnant? He obviously hasn't found out yet because he was so consumed in Isabelle and finding her. He didn't pay attention to the baby bump she had.

And sorry for not updating yesterday. I just became really busy and then we went to a parade. But it was fun. Any of you have plans for the Fourth of July tomorrow? I'm going to another parade. Third one this week and second one being in.

Comment

Vote

Share