Chapter 27 - Not Possible

Start from the beginning

'Freya, what's going on?' I was met with silence causing me to panic. 'Freya, what's wrong?' I desperately ask, but all I got back was silence. 

I was hit with another wave of pain, my body now scorching hot.  I folded myself in a fetal position, in a futile attempt to ease my pain. I let out small whimpers as waves of pain rolled over body. I tried multiple times to reach Freya, but it was of no use. I was about to give up, when I heard a meek voice in my head. 

'I I-I'm h-here Bri. I'm here,' comes her frail voice.

'Thank Goddess. I thought I lost you.'

'Never.'

'Do you have any idea what this is?'

There is a pause and I begin to think I lost her again. 'We're in heat,' she finally responds.

'That's not possible! We acce-' I stop midsentence when another surge of pain hits me. I take a few deep breathes before I continue. 'We accepted Aaron's rejection. Our bond should have been severed, including the heat.'

'I don't have an answer to that, but I do know we are definitely going through heat.'

'Bri, are you ok?!' Tyler's voice filters into my head. 'We can all feel your pain? Do you need help? You know what I'm on my way.'

'No! I-I'm fine. Please don't come,' I beg. 

I don't want anyone to see me in such a vulnerable state, including Tyler. I don't know why, but this time around, my heat is much more unbearable than the last. It's also different. Before I would feel the pain but also the need to satiate my body's demands, now all I feel is blinding pain. 

'Alpha?' Adrian's voices suddenly chimes in. 'Alpha, umm I I d-don't know how to say this but umm I, well we. Fuck. Alpha, all the unmated wolves can feel your heat,' he discloses and I can sense his discomfort. 

This cannot be happening. I let out a slight yelp at the stabbing pain in my abdomen. 

'We are trying to hold back our wolves, but it's getting a little hard, Alpha. The only reason we have lasted this long is because our wolves know you are their Alpha, but I don't know how much longer they'll hold out,' Adrian states. 

Fuck! As embarrassing as it will be, I need Tyler. 

'Umm Ty?' I reluctantly link.

'Don't worry, I got word from Adrian. My dad and I are on our way. We got a few mated warriors coming as well to stand guard outside your cabin. They will stop any unmated wolf from getting in,' he informs. 

Not long after I hear my front door open and the scent of Tyler, Emma and Max hits me. 

"Oh my god! Quick, we need to get her up the bathroom," I make out Emma's voice. 

My vision has gone blurry due to the whirling headache and sweat that was dripping down my face and into my eyes. I can sense Max nearing as he goes to pick me up, but instantly let's go with a hiss. I howl at in pain as soon as he made contact.

"She's scorching hot! Her skin literally burnt me," Max exclaims in panic. "I don't know how we will get her up the stairs. It seems like it only brings her more pain when we touch her."

I feel Tyler hover above me before his arms go to wrap around me. As soon as his hand brushed my arm, I let out an agonizing howl. 

"Damn it! She burnt me too. We can't move her if it's going to burn us and hurt her," Tyler states in frustration. I can feel their worry and panic through the link.