Embrace || pt 1

YOUR POV

You end up moving to woodcrest by 16. Your parents wanted to get away from everything that happened in your old town, and wanted you to start a fresh new life with better friends. You end up moving down the street by the freemans. First thing you noticed how different everything was there. People are way more sophisticated than you thought. You arrive to the house and start unpacking all your belongings.

You come out the house to grab more boxes, but notice a dude, around your age, maybe younger down the street with a basketball. You stop and look at him for a bit and eventually he noticed you. He stopped in his tracks then started speed walking towards you. You start to up your guard a bit, cause who tf just does that you thought to yourself. At first you thought he was gonna ask if yall had a problem. You braced yourself for a confrontation, "You the new girl?" "uhh, yeah. Why?", you responded with a stern voice. "Damn aint no need to be all hostile bruh, im riley. I live down the street wit my gay ass brother huey and my grandad." He says pointing down the street to a big ass white house. "You free later today?" he asked, to be honest, you were kinda confused about his request, "Uh yeah, my fault. My names Y/N, but if i got time ill stop by." "Ight bet, see you then" says riley, running back home.

TIME SKIP

You finish setting up your room, you didnt pack a lot of you belongings from your old house, you wanted to start fresh too anyways. You put on some sweats and a baggy hoodie. You fixed your hair and asked your parents if you could go down to the neighbors house. "Are there boys?.." asked your dad, "Yeah, but he seems cool. I promise you if anything weird happens ill tell you. Text me whenever you wanna be sure." "alright, but be back by 8:30. I mean it Y/N." "I know i know" you said walking out the door. You made it down to rileys house, and knocked. Later you were greeted by a taller dude, who looked exactly like riley. But older, had a different style and an afro. "Can i help you?" he asks. "Uhh, riley invited me over, that alright?". He sighs, and nods. You walk into the living room and see riley.

"YOOO i thought you wasnt gon show up" he says dapping you up. "Well shi i got nothing else to do, literally just moved here so," That causes the other dude to stop in his tracks going up the stairs. "True true, anyways. Tell me bout yoself, we neighbors so we gon see eachother a lottt." Said riley. "Oh, by the way, thats my gay ass brother huey. He a lame ass nigga, so ignore him". Huey walks back into the living room rolling his eyes, "I aint gay riley stop it." "You aint ever had a GF if yo life huey that seem pretty gay to me" Riley said shrugging wit a smug look. Huey looked down and just scoffed.

"So, why you move here in the first place? N where you come from." Asked riley. "My parents wanted to move away from U/S, and get me better friends i guess. They hated the people i surrounded myself with." "Damn fuck yall do" asked riley while all three of yall sat on the couch. "I just did stupid shit." you said. "Like what." Asked huey, still having that damn scowl on his face. It seemed like this dude aint have any other emotion other than anger or disappointment. "I just got in trouble a lot with like weed and drinking. Sometimes fighting. The people i hungout with kinda encouraged me to keep doing stupid shit to myself so majority of the time id be falling back on classes, getting high and skipping school. Stealin and runnin from cops, getting so drunk i didnt realize what i was doing. Dumb shit like that. I aint tryna be like that no more tho," there was a pause before riley screamed " YOU SMOKED WEED?? YOU WAS A STONER???". You start to giggle a bit, "yeah i guess you can say that. But im not tryna do that shi here. If i do itll be under control." How can you be so sure," asked huey. "Because im not normally like that. Its just when people encouraged me to do those things, i guess i wanted more of that validation. But when i wasnt around them, i was actually myself. Im not one of those people who get addicted to substances and go crazy without em," you say looking down at your fingers.

Huey tilts his head and nods. "Oh wait what school you goin to?" You gave riley a disappointed look, "well considering i live like two fucking houses down from you, its safe to say ill be going to the same one as you." "OHH right, well shi ill walk with you to get your schedule n we can see if we got the same lunches. Ill introduce you to our friends Jazmine and Cindy. They cool. Cindy is just a lil protective, and Jazmine js a big ass baby." You giggle and agree.

You notice that huey keeps staring at you from the corner of your eye. Riley and you end up talking about your hobbies, he shows you his art and graffiti, and you start trying to talk to huey more. He seemed like an interesting person. "Soo... huey. What do you like doing?? Like in your free time" "i rarely got free time. Especially with this fuckin bum i gotta take care of." Looking at riley. "AY FUCK YOU SAY" riley said jumping from the couch. "You know im right, i always gotta be covering for your ass so Grandad dont whoop you or kick you out." "riley groaned and fell back into the sofa. You giggle, "Well, if you did have free time, what would you do?" Well, i read a lot i guess. Idk if that considered a hobby to get more information." "i mean it is; whatchu like readin then?" "history. Same wit astrology and just science. Just learning stuff is one of my hobbies ig," "OO cool cool-"

You were about to ask another question, but your dad was calling. You realized it was now 8:47 and you jump up answering the phone "Sorry dad i got distracted talking to them, im on my way home right now." "You better not have done no weird shit there." said your dad in a stern voice. "Nooo dad i aint do anything ill tell you what i did once im home, im putting my shoes on rn." You dad agrees and hangs up. You scoff at your phone and roll your eyes. "You gotta leave already?" asked huey and riley. "Shi yall gon miss me already?" You say laughing. "I just got a curfew this one time. Im sure if he meets you guys he'll let me stay however long you want. Js make sure yo grandad there too." "ight bet say no more ma" says riley. Huey nods and waves goodbye while you walk out the door. "Thanks for having me over tho, See y'all tmr?" you ask both boys on the doorstep. "Fs fs ain't that right Huey?" Riley says, nudging him with his elbow. Huey gets annoyed. "Yeah, bye, Y/N," says Huey. You smile and walk home.

RILEYS POV

Huey closes the door and they both walk back to the living room

"Boy i saw how you was lookin at her, you like her or sum? She is pretty cute" i asked huey. "Man i dont know. I aint ever feel this typa way just meeting someone. My stomach feel mad weird." huey says sitting in the kitchen with a book in his hand. "Mf you done got butterflies in yo stomach thats what. Shi i mean if you get to know her i bet yall would be homies. She seem cool." i said. Huey sighed and nodded, "fine, could you like help me?? Ive never had like, a crush before n you know that. Like how do i talk to her." Huey asks me. "Just dont be a fuckin pussy bruh, she was easy to talk to, you just gotta stop being so awkward with and without people you know or dont know. You and her should walk home together tmr. Or like go to the gas station down from the school." "ight ight. Ill try." Huey says while his eyes still glued to his book. "Whatever nigga, im goin to bed." I say walking up the stairs to my room.

HUEYS POV

(damn, i aint ever feel this way about no girl ever, not even when jasmine told me she liked me. I think i actually really like this girl but ion even know her. Something about her just got me inna chokehold ig.) I thought to myself. I walk upstairs and go to bed. Riley was watching movies on his bed. I dress into my pajamas and go to bed.

Huey Freeman - Embraceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें