16. Past and Present

Ashlyn was awoke by warm sun rays peeking through Justin's entirely too large bedroom window. She lay naked, perched upon his tattooed chest, under a thin sheet that was barely draped over their lower halves. It was too hot for blankets the previous night, but neither of them minded sleeping naked.

Hooch shifted at the foot of the bed, trying to adjust to the warm light.

Listening intently to his heartbeat, she made sure to stay quiet so she could enjoy his sleeping figure.

His lip was poked out, like it always is when he slept, and brows were furrowed a bit. He was slightly sweaty, so he glistened in the sunlight. Blonde locks were glued to his damp forehead. He was definitely the male 'sleeping beauty', that's for sure.

She smiled big before kissing his lips sweetly. He stirred a bit, but quickly lay back asleep. Ashlyn did her basic morning routine before then waking him up so they could go to his house.

When they arrived, everyone was still sleeping, so Ashlyn wanted to wake them all up. She quickly put her things in her Justin's room, soon after racing downstairs to make the whole house breakfast

                                                                                        ~~~

The day progressed slowly as Ashlyn went about her daily routine. School. Homework. Yoga or working out. Then work.

Since she no longer danced for the time being, she had a more lenient schedule to work with. She loved the idea of spending more time with Justin. To her, it seemed as if they were more than perfect at this moment in time, and she wanted it to stay like that.

After she flipped the last piece of bacon, one by one the boys came out of their rooms like scavengers in the wild when they caught the porky scent in their olfactory sense.

She quickly got ready for class, and scurried about her usual day. It was Tuesday, so after class, she went home quickly to greet her kitty, Kenzie, and grab a change of clothes to workout or go to yoga with later.

She was at Justin's house again, trying to do homework, well she tried but easily got distracted by the gang throwing paper wads at her, then not much later, Justin's soft lips on her shoulders. She quickly shut him down before he got carried away.

It was Tuesday, so that meant yoga was indeed happening. Now, it was 4:30 in the afternoon, yoga was just now done, so Ashlyn was now seated in the nearby cafe, 'Sugar Zone', with McKenzie.

The two caught up on latest events over vanilla cappuccinos, iced lattes and cinnamon rolls. Kenzie told Ashlyn about the weird foreign guy she was dating, and how she thought it was funny that neither of them have met each others "boyfriends".

"I'm still not dating Justin," she explained while stuffing her face with the warm roll. Kenzie screeched out. "How? You guys have been seeing each other for almost four months now!".

"Well, we're taking things slow. There's no reason to rush anything, and plus I don't know as much about him as I should," Ashlyn got sad as she spoke the last sentence. Now that she thought about it, she honestly knew almost nothing about her beloved Justin.

She knew he loved the colors black and red, he liked when you ran your hands through his hair, his birthday, age, and just general facts about him. But his background? How this gang started? She knew not a thing.

Kenzie nodded and sent her best friend a sympathetic look. "I've felt like a label won't change anything, when in fact it does in the end, just consider talking to him about it, okay?" she questioned as she smiled.