Making Friends and Returning Traumas

Tokoyami opens his eyes to see the world around him was pitch black. He was in the dark abyss. He sees a much younger version of himself standing in front of him, holding Reika's Endeavor doll, crying. "She's never coming back, our Reika is never coming back. It's all your fault because you chose NOT to follow her when we had the chance. And now she's gone forever!" His child self cried.

"N-No, you're wrong! I found her in Hosu! I never stopped searching for her." He said with a worried tone.

"That wasn't our Reika, that was just some random girl we saved from the Nomu." His Child self said as he turned around to reveal a woman with brown hair lying on the ground where he thought Reika was.

His eyes widened. "N-no. That's impossible! I saved Reika, I'm sure of it! I would never mistake her for someone else!" He yelled.

"It has been ten years, you know. Are you sure you weren't just imagining things? You're wasting your time, continuing to look for someone who's long been dead and forgotten. Even our own parents had forgotten about her." The Child said.

"No! She's NOT dead! We didn't forget about her either, Dark Shadow and I NEVER forgot about her! She's still alive, I KNOW IT!" He cried out as he fell to his knees, holding his head.

"Fumi, It's alright! I'm here now!" He hears a young Reika's voice from around him. He looks up to see a light and sees a little Reika float down to him. She gently places her hands on his cheeks and touches his forehead to hers with her eyes closed.

He wakes up crying, sitting up on the couch. When did he get home? Did Hawks bring him back? He realizes someone was holding his head familiarly with his forehead touching theirs. "Everything's gonna be alright now, Fumi." He hears a young woman's voice from in front of him.

He leans back to see a large dark figure with feathered wings sitting in front of him. It appeared too feminine to be Hawks. His eyes widened. "R-Reika? Is that really you? I'm not still dreaming, am I?" He asks as he rubs the tears from his eyes.

"This is no dream, Fumi. I'm really here." She said in a sweet tone. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he got a clearer look at the woman in front of him as the moonlight shone down upon her figure. Long wavy red hair, golden eyes, and beautiful blue wings. "I've returned."

"Th-This has to be a dream. Or maybe someone is using their quirk to portray you. That's it. Yeah!" He began to mumble to himself.

She giggles then he feels her hand gently grab his and place it on her chest where her heart is. "Do you still think this is a dream if you feel my heartbeat?" She said as she smiled.

Tears form in his eyes again as he wraps his arms around her shoulders, hugging her tightly. "Rei Rei! You're finally home. You've returned to us." He said quietly as he cried on her shoulder. "I never gave up hope that you were still alive, but I feared that I would never see you again, no matter how hard I kept looking."

She hugs him back and leaned her head to his. "I'm sorry I took so long to return. I had to hide from some important people and had to fake my death to them so that I wouldn't get you involved. I don't want you to die because of me. I know you're working hard to become strong and be a good hero and I'm proud of you both for that. Mr. Aizawa and Principal Nezu already know what happened in my past after I searched for mom and why I'm raising the twins. I can't tell you everything right now, but what I can tell you is that Mr. Aizawa and Principal Nezu will do everything they can to keep me safe, and I know that you will help even if I don't want you to." She explained.

He moves away from her and stares into her eyes and puts his hands on her shoulders. "Wait a minute. Someone is after you?! Who is it?! I swear I'll protect you!" He asks in a worried tone in his voice.