Floyd stood up, his usually goofy smile missing. "You're talking back to me? How impressively bold for a sea anemone." His fist closed around Ace's and Deuce's anemone and he glowered down at the ginger.

"Quit tugging our anemones!" Deuce hissed, holding the top of his head as if to lessen the pain of the anemone atop his head.

"Come now," Jade chuckled slowly, stalking toward the boys, making them cower back slightly. "Azul tasked me with instructing the new staff, so it falls to me to instill proper discipline in those who fail to respect authority."

He offered a polite smile, eyes closed as he stood, towering over the freshmen.

Deuce yelped as Floyd tugged harder. "Okay, okay! I get it!" Yuu felt her anger bubble and struggled to tame it.

"Stop it! That's too much!" She protested, glaring at Floyd (who she'd now dubbed as the safer twin) as Jade smiled in amusement.

"Ah, but you must understand." He purred. "As I just finished explaining, here in the lounge, everyone must follow our rules."

"And according to the rules, we're allowed to squeeze problem employees who don't do as they're told!" Floyed chirped, shooting a toothy grin at Yuu, clearly pleased that his mere appearance didn't make her flinch.

Jack growled and pulled Yuu behind him protectively. "You're just makin' a show out of hazing the rookies in front of us. It's making me sick."

"Is that your way of offering to take their place helpin' out around the lounge?" Floyd teased, golden eye twinkling with amusement.

"Ooh, that's a great idea! I second that proposal!" Ace said, squirming in Floyd's grip.

"All in favor? Aye! The ayes have it! Yuu and Jack are hereby nominated temporary assistants, effective immediately!"

Jack bares his teeth in warning. "Hey, what're you tryin' to pull?!" The look in his eyes seemingly gestured to Yuu's lower abdomen.

Yuu's glare turned to her idiot ginger friend. "Yeah, no. Overruled. Floyd, you can have him."

Ace's eyes widened. "Aw, what?!"

Jade gave a shrug. "We're not picky, really. We'll take anyone, as long as they're willing to pull their weight."

Deuce looked at Yuu, a mixture of guilt and pleading as he hunched over in exhaustion.

"Please, Yuu? You guys wouldn't want to get kicked out of the place, right?"

Yuu wavered for a moment. Curse her pushover nature. She thought she'd have gotten over it by now. She grumbled. "You know damn well that with my condition I can't lift anything heavy or risk anything physical."

"I'm runnin' on fumes here, and Grim's in the back, up to his eyeballs in soap from dishwashing." Ace pleaded. "C'mon, be a couple of pals and help us out."

Yuu and Jack shared a glance before both slumped their shoulders in defeat.

Jack sighed. "Fine, whatever. The sooner we wrap up our business here, the sooner I can go back to my dorm and catch a few winks."

"What?" Ace cried. "Dude, it's barely nine. What time do you go to bed?"

"I'm always tucked in by ten." Jack explained, Yuu's eyes widened looking at him.

"Whoa, we got a serious model student over here!" Ace yelped.

Yuu smirked. "You have a good sleep schedule, nice. I'm jealous."

Jack grumbled slightly, looking away with an embarrassed blush.

Floyd nodded with a smirk, snapping his fingers to draw attention to himself. "So I can put both Little Mantis Shrimpy and Sea Urchin down for helping out with a shift, yeah?"

Yuu and Jack gave a begrudging nod.

Floyd nodded, shoving a tray into Yuu's hands. "Sweet. You can start by running these drinks to table three."

Yuu blinked before groaning. "Alright, gimme a second to put on my 'Customer Service Yuu' personality."

Floyd leaned down to make eye contact with Yuu, a mocking smirk playing on his lips. "Chop chop, Shrimpy!"

"Don't keep our customers waiting, now." Jade teased before turning to Jack, chucking him under the chin.

"And Jack, try not to scowl so when interacting with clientele."

The young wolf beastman raised an eyebrow. "What?"

Ace chuckled as he carried out drinks. "A scowl like that would have anyone running for the hills!" He teased as Jack blinked in confusion.

"But I'm not scowling." Jack retorted, pouting slightly.

Yuu walked past, her muscle memory taking over as she balanced two trays in her hands. "They meant to give 'em a smile, kiddo."

"...Oh. Like this?" Jack smiled, his fangs exposed almost as if he were baring them.

Yuu nodded. "That's close enough!"

"Hey!" Floyd called. "No slackin' off boys. I'm keepin' an eye on you."

.

.

.

Yuu was both thankful and resentful of her past jobs as a waitress as she moved swiftly with the drinks, keeping a polluted smile on her face as she served. Jack was a natural as he balanced the plates over his head.

Deuce stumbled by, smiling at his friends. "It's a lot easier with you guys helping, Jack."

"Yeah," Ace snickered. "I thought you'd bungle it, but you're actually doing pretty well."

"Yeah, well, it's not that hard once you learn what to do." Jack said. "That, and Yuu's been givin' me pointers, too."

Yuu gives a pleased smile at the wolf boy. "Told ya, you could do it."

Jade chuckles slightly at Yuu's remark. "Yes, indeed. Keep up the good work."

.

.

.

Yuu and Jack sat on the floor, with Yuu dying internally as she recalled her many experiences in understaffed areas.

"The crowds are finally dying down..." Jack mumbled, ears flattened against his head.

Yuu nodded. "Finally indeed. You guys really gave me trauma flashbacks."

Floyd smirked, laughing. "You practically put that rush in a headlock and gave it a noogie! 'Preciate the helping hand, Little Mantis Shrimpy and pal."

Floyd raised his hand to pat Yuu on the back, sending the young woman to glare at the tall boy.

"Touch me, and you'll only have one hand." Floyd held his hands up, still grinning like a madman. Clearly, he adored testing Yuu's boundaries.

"I must say..." A familiar voice spoke up, velvety and charming as a salesman. "You got a veritable madhouse of customers under control. Most impressive indeed." Yuu's eyes narrowed as she caught a glimpse of the boy with glasses.

"Azul!" Jack exclaimed, scrambling to stand.

"You." The young woman growled, bristling.

"Yes, me." Azul responded, plastering his most charming smile on. "My apologies for the wait. The VIP room is ready now. Right this way, if you would." Azul gestured for Yuu and Jack to enter, turning to his twin henchmen.

"Jade. Floyd. Get our customers some tea."

"Right away, sir." Jade and Floyd responded in sync. 

A/N: 

Guess who just dug my way out of the writer's block? This chapter took way longer than I thought it would.  Thanks for sticking around and still reading!