Chapter 5

The walk to her new, temporary, residence, was filled with semi-awkward conversation, making Yuu wish for the ground to swallow her whole.

"...By the way, miss Yuu, may I ask how far along you are?" Crowley blurted, making her cringe slightly.

"W- Well, according to the nurse, I'm a little over two months. She said that I'm about ten weeks." She told him.

"Well, my dear. Would you like for me to inform anyone about your condition?" Crowley asked, seemingly much more giddy about her answers.

Yuu nodded, stepping over a stone. "I think it'd be best to just include staff in this. It'd be weird to tell a bunch of boys that there's some pregnant girl among their ranks." She stated, earning a nod from the Headmage.

"I understand. However, I'm not certain that you will be able to study with the others." He mentioned it to her calmly. The headmage that led her by the hand stopped suddenly in a gloomy looking part of the campus.

"Yeah, I get it..." She collided face-first into the tall man.

"Here we are!" He announced proudly. Yuu looked up, her confusion quickly turning into surprise as she saw a tall, clearly haunted house that was practically falling apart.

"Wow. Um... This is a little too much character, if you ask me." She remarked, gawking as the headmage opened the door. Everything about this house looked barely passable for living.

"Charming, isn't it? Right, scoot inside now. There you go." He pushed her inside, and she was immediately met with the scent of rotting wood, wet furniture, and an air heavy with dust.

"This should keep the elements at bay for the time being." Crowley stated, turning around as he did so, and shooting her a quick smile. "Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to keep yourself busy."

Yuu turned on her heel to see him abandoning her. "Wait-!"

"Oh! But don't let me catch you wandering the campus! Ta!" Crowley nodded his goodbye as he slammed the door, kicking up a very sudden flurry of dust. Yuu couldn't help but cough. "Ugh..." She groaned before examining the area.

The entire room was in a state of disarray, old books were strewn across the floor, furniture was flipped over, and paintings had been knocked off of the wall. She noticed the peeling green wallpaper and how the entire place had been covered in dust and cobwebs.

"Gross... This looks like it's in worse shape than my uncle's basement before I went to help him clean it. At least there was a good spot to sit in there."

She got to work on cleaning, working on flipping over the table and rocking chair that had been flipped, and used her robes as a makeshift mask as she beat the dust off of a rug and several of the cushions. Before long, she heard the boom of thunder and the light pattering sound of rain.

"Looks like it's started to rain." She muttered to herself, moving to look in the dorm's kitchen for a broom or a feather duster.

Until she heard the scraping of a grimy window opening. She grabbed an old pan, slinking toward the sound of an intruder as quietly as she could. It was then that she heard an animal shake and a familiar voice. She made it to the window in the lounge, confirming her suspicions as soon as she saw the fiery ears and the forked cat's tail.

"GWAH! It's pouring out there!" The creature hissed

"What the- GRIM?!" She cried out. She moved closer, still clutching the pan in her hands before glaring at him.

"Bwahaha! That look on your face is priceless! Like a bat that got blasted by a water gun." He giggled as if he didn't look like a drowned rat.

"Yeah, okay. But what are you even doing here?" She questioned, narrowing her eyes.