Chapter Ten.

With game night fast approaching, Kenzie was growing increasingly concerned about Jesse. She may have not known him for very long, but she knew that something was seriously wrong for him not to have responded to her texts and calls by now.

It was getting to the point where Kenzie wasn't sleeping very well, if at all. She was having nightmares of all kinds but specifically to do with Jesse. All in all, Kenzie had never been like this before with anyone.

"I don't know what to do, Zarah." Kenzie sighed as she rested her head in her left hand.

"About what? You haven't told me anything." Zarah replied, feeling lost on what her friend was talking about. They hadn't spoken in a few days to say the absolute least.

"I can't remember if I told you, but I met a boy about our age, Jesse, and we've gotten along awesome. Anyway, he's been helping me with things on this end and we had planned to have a game night tonight, and I told him that I'd text him the details and I did but that was a couple of days ago and I still haven't heard from him, and I don't know, something just feels off about the whole thing. I feel uneasy." Kenzie explained hurriedly and Zarah, who was trying to keep up with the information overload, took a deep breath.

"First thing is first; does he have social media? Instagram, Facebook, anything like that?" Zarah asked and Kenzie shrugged.

She hadn't even thought about that until now.

"Dunno." Kenzie answered. Zarah nodded and opened her laptop.

"What is his last name?" Zarah asked, after opening the search tab of her Instagram account.

"McGrier." Kenzie answered simply.

"And how do you spell that, exactly?" Zarah asked, never having heard of that name before.

"Capitol m, small c, capital g, small r, small I, small e, small r." Kenzie spelled out, feeling a

sliver of hope as she heard Zarah typing out Jesse's name.

It truly was amazing to Kenzie how much she could rely on Zarah in times like this where she felt helpless and had no idea where to even begin. Zarah was her rock and knew just

how to ground her.

"Ok, I think I found something but I'm not too sure." Zarah said, looking at an account that could belong to a kid their age with a bunch of random beach pictures and things of that kind.

"Anything out of the ordinary?" Kenzie asked.

"Not really but let me have a look at Facebook. With any luck, Jesse will be there." Zarah answered.

"Thank you for helping me." Kenzie said as Zarah's face contorted into her famous

concentrated 'I'll kill you' expression.

"I'll always be here to help you." Zarah replied as she scrolled through all the 'Jesse McGrier' accounts.

"Anything coming up?" Kenzie questioned.

"I see an account with the same profile picture as the one on Instagram, but it has a different name on it." Zarah said.

Kenzie furrowed her brows.

"What do you mean by a different name?" Kenzie wondered.

"First name says Jesse, but the second name says Brooks." Zarah explained. Kenzie wasn't sure that it was him, but it was worth the shot.

"Try that one." Kenzie told her friend.

"It's just loading." Zarah replied.

"Ok." Kenzie replied quietly. She hoped that this would be Jesse and that she could finally get a hold of him.